DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji Care Refresh - is it possible to re-register with new serial #?

rcflyingaddict

Reactions
Mavic Pro on the way .... I plan to buy dji care from dji's web site and I see that you need to enter the Mavic's serial number to register/start. My question is .. what if I have an issue with my drone and return and end up with a NEW one from seller (not dji) . ... In this case the unit that I registered will have been returned... has anyone re-registered their care refresh with the new/replacement Mavic? I'm assuming they have to allow this but not sure how you actually go about doing it?

If you go through a proper repair procedure it will be carried on automatically, but if you return the unit I believe you're SOL.

If you go through a proper repair procedure it will be carried on automatically, but if you return the unit I believe you're SOL.
The scenario is you buy new unit from authorized seller (amazon etc...) and lets say it comes damaged and of course you want a brand new mavic vs a refurb so you return it to vendor ..... then re-order and get a new one. I'm sure someone has gone thru this ... I can't imagine you loose the $99 you spent on 'insurance' .... I'm assuming there is a procedure for this usecase.

That's why you have 48h to buy refresh. You can test it works fine and only buy refresh once you're satisfied.

You can likely get a transfer by communicating with support but there's no straightforward procedure for it as far as I know.

Last edited:
Mavic Pro on the way .... I plan to buy dji care from dji's web site and I see that you need to enter the Mavic's serial number to register/start. My question is .. what if I have an issue with my drone and return and end up with a NEW one from seller (not dji) . ... In this case the unit that I registered will have been returned... has anyone re-registered their care refresh with the new/replacement Mavic? I'm assuming they have to allow this but not sure how you actually go about doing it?
I returned one to best buy, called DJI ,sent a few emails and they transferred my care refresh to new mavic

same here, sent an email after the repair procedure with the new serial number and it got transfered to my refresh account...I have a feeling it was not going to be done automatically, at least in my case, so I would advise you to send a reminder.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS