DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care refresh plan issues

xiarcher

Reactions
So, on 9/21 I sent in my Mini 2 using DJI care express. You pay the $49.00 up front and when they receive your drone, they send out a replacement right away. It was received on 9/27 at DJI in Texas and signed for. No email for week, contacted support via email ant asked to just let me know if they in fact have the drone. There is no update to the case number on the web site and the just keep sending me email’s back am I happy with the support. This morning the email was they have not heard from me in two days and an I happy with the process and if not please contact them. I just do not get it; I know there is a language barrier their emails are written. Hoping this issue gets resolved soon. Anyone else have issues with DJI in the USA?

Reactions: Droniac
I have had only good experiences in the three times I've used DJI refresh. Given your situation, my guess is that some of their emails are getting blocked at some level, likely as presumed spam. This did happen to me once. (Be aware that emails from DJI may come from different accounts, and some may look more like spam than others to your ISP.)

I'd suggest you log onto your DJI account, request a chat session, and describe your issues to the agent who responds. This is what I did in that one instance mentioned above. The agent was very helpful, quickly worked through the issue, and got things back on track. From where I sit, DJI seems like a good company for customers to work with.

Good luck!

--Jub

When I sent mine in for repair, the whole process took about 18 days (10th to the 28th)
- and during that time, I too received more contact in the form of 'fillout our survey' (and shipping status from UPS) than from DJI, itself.
- The contact I did recieve was a dry bedside manner, and looking back, thats alright.
- BUT at the same time, I also had a warranty issue with Viewsonic, for my outdoor projector, and they were in contact with me about every other day, even to the point of actual phone calls, walking me thru the process.

- DJI basically was very short, "drone recieved. check website for repair status. do not reply. no other status given.'
- like Sheldon from BigBang

Point is, dont expect much follow up, only the cut and dry status...

So, on 9/21 I sent in my Mini 2 using DJI care express. You pay the $49.00 up front and when they receive your drone, they send out a replacement right away. It was received on 9/27 at DJI in Texas and signed for. No email for week, contacted support via email ant asked to just let me know if they in fact have the drone. There is no update to the case number on the web site and the just keep sending me email’s back am I happy with the support. This morning the email was they have not heard from me in two days and an I happy with the process and if not please contact them. I just do not get it; I know there is a language barrier their emails are written. Hoping this issue gets resolved soon. Anyone else have issues with DJI in the USA?
What I don’t get is that since I’ve been pursuing this awesome forum I’ve read extremes on DJI coverage. The instability and inconsistency has pushed me into insuring my vehicle for “loose items”. My home insurance and wishful thinking that imo wether you’ve had good or bad or grey area experiences is enough for me to say nope. I understand there are numerous variables to determine replacement or repair aside from its cost. And that is precisely what I do not want. Lol. I want no questions asked. I’ve had no issues since and don’t mind honest straight forward private repairs and costs that I feel secure with. That’s simply my take. Godspeed and Fly safe. Godspeed Droniac

So I got a phone number for DJI, and my case has been active now for 3 weeks. I sent in my Mini 2 with care express and paid the $49 dollars up front. A week goes by after delivery to Fort Worth Texas. I have already been in e-mail contact with support, and they were looking into the case, I send in screen prints of the UPS tracking label with the screen print of the received signing person (AMZ) on the loading dock. They tell me it was signed wrongly by AMZ, and I should contact UPS, now its on me.

So, I say to myself… self, it is there label why is it on me. Called UPS anyway and said have DJI open the case, there label. At this point I call DJI and get a very nice person, she looks at the issue and tells me that AMZ is in fact an Amazon loading dock and they know that they are having issues. She will escalate the case, now I get the email showing DJI contacting UPS to open a case. I look up the delivery address on Google earth and it is a big facility and DJI looks to have a very small store with no front access only rear delivery door. Someone just receives the drones and ships out replacement, understandable for a massive company but a little crazy. So still waiting, going to call Monday and ask if you have a case open with UPS and the serial number of the Mini 2 and my $49 dollars paid why cannot you send a replacement out.

I love the mini 2 but I am going to take a long hard look at the new Autel here in the US and do some research on hot their support is and how well the drones preform. Dealing with China has been an adventure, but they have been trying to help me so cannot go nuts on them yet. Fingers crossed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone