DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Question

Ifti

Reactions
If I was to purchase a DJI Mavic from the along with care refresh in the US, can I still register it and have coverage when used in the UK??

I have a load of Amazon.com vouchers to use up and was looking to buy a MA2, but not sure if I can buy it with car refresh, or whether I need to buy the refresh in the UK afterwards?

If I was to purchase a DJI Mavic from the along with care refresh in the US, can I still register it and have coverage when used in the UK??

I have a load of Amazon.com vouchers to use up and was looking to buy a MA2, but not sure if I can buy it with car refresh, or whether I need to buy the refresh in the UK afterwards?

1599320938771.png

Reactions: Ifti
I purchased refresh and was surprised to find that they charged me for a replacement drone even though the drone crash was caused by wind blowing the mini into a tree. When I called customer service I was advised that they charge to replace the drone. Not what I expected.

I purchased refresh and was surprised to find that they charged me for a replacement drone even though the drone crash was caused by wind blowing the mini into a tree. When I called customer service I was advised that they charge to replace the drone. Not what I expected.
Check the “terms and conditions”... I have DJI care..., it works well.., and the cost for replacement is about a tenth of the cost of a new drone.

Reactions: El Montrico
Check the “terms and conditions”... I have DJI care..., it works well.., and the cost for replacement is about a tenth of the cost of a new drone.
I did that but it was after the fact. So just what will refresh cover other than that and shipping fees? Thanks. Jerry

I missed the part where it states “for a small charge”. Honestly, all things considered, it’s a good deal. I was just surprised by the charge. Me bad. I wish they had an exchange program. I would like to upgrade to a mavic 2 but I dont want to spend $1000

Once you buy any drone and add the Care Refresh, the same is bound to the aircraft no matter where in the world. All they ask for when you call for service is your Serial Number, in other instance they'd ask for the agreement #.Fly safe and hope that moment never happen. Cheers ?

They will always get you with a little deductible, however, whatever the price they'd charge I'm sure is 1,000 times better than a new drone's price.

Reactions: Thomas B
Once you buy any drone and add the Care Refresh, the same is bound to the aircraft no matter where in the world. All they ask for when you call for service is your Serial Number, in other instance they'd ask for the agreement #.Fly safe and hope that moment never happen. Cheers ?
The Care Refresh is bound to your DJI account and cover the Aircraft Serial number. If you sell the aircraft the Care Refresh is not transferable.

Thanks - although I'm getting mixed responses!
So you say all they ask for is the serial number no matter where in the world, but from my research it seems the refresh and the drone are tied to the country they were purchased from, and you would need to return the drone to that country in the event of any claims?
Which is correct? On the DJI forums, previous responses seem to suggest the latter?

Thanks - although I'm getting mixed responses!
So you say all they ask for is the serial number no matter where in the world, but from my research it seems the refresh and the drone are tied to the country they were purchased from, and you would need to return the drone to that country in the event of any claims?
Which is correct? On the DJI forums, previous responses seem to suggest the latter?

Hello,
To my understanding (and as other fellow members stated their versions), once you buy the drone and Refresh Care, they're tied one another, not necessarily to a particular country. Per recent experience with a friend, once you make a claim, they look at the facts filled on the online form (cause of accident, broken parts, etc), and, in order to move forward with the process, they provide a shipping label for you to send what's left of your aircraft, for they can look at the damage (sometimes they'll ask for a deductible, which I find 30 times better than buying a new drone), he sent it out to California, but I assume that location varies depending which country you are.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose