DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh renewal

Debel

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots!

I have just renewed my DJI Refresh agreement, it now called Care Refresh + and is valid 1 one year. Great, nice to have this as "insurance". For me it provides better flights, without the stress of loosing the drone.

My question is, Can I renew the Care Refresh+ next year again? I have not found any information on the DJI site on this subject, perhaps one you guys can enlighten me?

I don't know what the + does, but the general care/refresh does permit renewal.

I don't know what the + does, but the general care/refresh does permit renewal.
The + is the name on the extended Refrresh program when you renew the first Care Refresh for the second year. My question relates to if anyone know if I can renew again for the third year next year.

I renewed my DJI Care this past July, and (as will all my DJI purchases) this was fast and accurate. However great as merchandise purchases are, service seems to be quite different. Last time I returned my SC, it was sent back to me with nothing being done and a comment that the SC meets specs. No matter how much you detail a problem to them, it's like they simply will not listen! Too long a story to detail here. But I can pretty much confirm they are great when purchasing something but not so great servicing it. To be fair, I once had OK service on my Inspire 1.

Reactions: Bsnyder
Hello fellow pilots!

I have just renewed my DJI Refresh agreement, it now called Care Refresh + and is valid 1 one year. Great, nice to have this as "insurance". For me it provides better flights, without the stress of loosing the drone.

My question is, Can I renew the Care Refresh+ next year again? I have not found any information on the DJI site on this subject, perhaps one you guys can enlighten me?
My understanding is it can not be renewed again. Two years is the max

I'm glad to know it can be renewed for 2 years but distressed that I find it necessary!!!

I'm glad to know it can be renewed for 2 years but distressed that I find it necessary!!!
Why would you be "distressed"?

Hello fellow pilots!

“Without the stress of loosing the drone”?
I thought if it got lost and you couldn’t send it back to DJI you were SOL?

Reactions: jester69
Why would you be "distressed"?
Because, foolish me thinks drones this expensive ought to work for awhile. Every DJI drone I've owned (4) has had to be returned at least once for a non-crash related problem. Sorry for you if you think this is normal.

My understanding is it can not be renewed again. Two years is the max
Hi Brew,

Thank you for letting me know..

But strange actually.. If I sell my drone after two years, the new owner can start a new Care Refresh program, with just uploading a video to DJI, showing that the drone is fully operational... So, for the same drone, several Refresh programs can be added, just not for the original owner.. That I find a bit odd to be honest..

Every DJI drone I've owned (4) has had to be returned at least once for a non-crash related problem. Sorry for you if you think this is normal.
I'm very surprised to hear this. The vast majority of returns seem to be as a result of crashes. What problems did you have with your drones?

Because, foolish me thinks drones this expensive ought to work for awhile. Every DJI drone I've owned (4) has had to be returned at least once for a non-crash related problem. Sorry for you if you think this is normal.
Most warranties, at least in the US are for one year. DJI provides crash insurance now at least 2 years. Care/Refresh is another revenue stream. It is my assertion that they will be producing new models all along and after two years if you crash a drone it is likely that most would give up and just buy a newer model. You have to remember that we are dealing with a Chinese corporate culture that plays every angle. They are very shrewd and as a national culture the Chinese aren't as customer-centric as in the US and presumably other areas of the world.

If your drone fails after the warranty/refresh period there are always private repair services. I don't know what is available in your country, but in the US you can purchase all-risk insurance, which not only covers crashes, but loss and theft and even covers the controllers and accessories if you list them. I have both coverages on both my drones because I know that at some point I'll end up using both.

Hi Brew,

Thank you for letting me know..

But strange actually.. If I sell my drone after two years, the new owner can start a new Care Refresh program, with just uploading a video to DJI, showing that the drone is fully operational... So, for the same drone, several Refresh programs can be added, just not for the original owner.. That I find a bit odd to be honest..
Hi Debel,

I don’t believe your information is correct. If the used drone has never been covered under a care refresh policy, then it might be able to be covered. If it has already been covered under a policy, but has now expired, then it cannot be covered under a new policy by the new owner.

Dji bases everything off the AC serial#

Last edited:
OK everybody, I am confused here. The other day I received an email from DJI telling me that my Care Refresh was going to expire in 7 days, and that I could extend it for 1 more year (for $35). With my track record for crashing drones, I thought that I probably should do this. So I paid the money.

But then I get an email from DJI, thanking me for purchasing Care Refresh + and listing rules of the Service Agreement. It says, among other things:

3. A single DJI product can only bind to DJI Care Refresh + once. After using the replacement service, the replacement unit will automatically bind to the DJI Care Refresh + of the original product. So please do not purchase DJI Care Refresh + for your original product or the replacement unit.

It's that last sentence that bothers me. I am flying a replacement unit. Should I have not purchased Care Refresh + ? Or should I not worry because my drone previously was covered under Care Refresh, but now it's under Care Refresh + ? (Couldn't they have come up with a better name?)

You have to remember that we are dealing with a Chinese corporate culture that plays every angle. They are very shrewd and as a national culture the Chinese aren't as customer-centric as in the US and presumably other areas of the world.
I don't think making a generalized statement like this is appropriate on this forum.

---

With regard to Care Refresh+, you can renew your original Care Refresh for another year as long as you still have one remaining refresh on the original package (ie., you haven't used both of your refreshes from the original Care Refresh package purchased in the first year). After the 2 years are up, you cannot purchase any more refresh packages, nor can anyone else purchase them should you sell your drone to someone else.

Chris

3. A single DJI product can only bind to DJI Care Refresh + once. After using the replacement service, the replacement unit will automatically bind to the DJI Care Refresh + of the original product. So please do not purchase DJI Care Refresh + for your original product or the replacement unit.

It's that last sentence that bothers me. I am flying a replacement unit. Should I have not purchased Care Refresh + ? Or should I not worry because my drone previously was covered under Care Refresh, but now it's under Care Refresh + ? (Couldn't they have come up with a better name?)

I understand where you are getting confused, and agree that it isn't so clear. My interpretation is that they are just trying to inform the user that they are not required to purchase care refresh (+) for a replacement unit after they have used the replacement service. DJI automatically transfers the care refresh to the new AC when you use the replacement service.

In your case, you are using a replacement unit that was received under your original care refresh, and the care refresh + is just extending your coverage on your current unit. You are all good

Reactions: cameraz
I don't think making a generalized statement like this is appropriate on this forum.

---

With regard to Care Refresh+, you can renew your original Care Refresh for another year as long as you still have one remaining refresh on the original package (ie., you haven't used both of your refreshes from the original Care Refresh package purchased in the first year). After the 2 years are up, you cannot purchase any more refresh packages, nor can anyone else purchase them should you sell your drone to someone else.

Chris
Obviously you've not had much experience dealing with Chinese companies.

Reactions: Wade L.
Obviously you've not had much experience dealing with Chinese companies.
My experience with Chinese companies is not the point. It is the tone of your post that I find inappropriate and your off topic rant has nothing to do with the OP's original question.

Back on topic now!

Quick question about care refresh plus.

I own a mini 2 for one year, I purchased care refresh for 1 year. I never used the replacements so still two left.

Now I want to purchase the care refresh plus which extends the coverage for another year and one more replacement.

The question is: do I get three replacements or I only get one? It is unclear if the care refresh plus counts the unused replacements or it starts with a clean slate.

Thanks.

Quick question about care refresh plus.

I own a mini 2 for one year, I purchased care refresh for 1 year. I never used the replacements so still two left.

Now I want to purchase the care refresh plus which extends the coverage for another year and one more replacement.

The question is: do I get three replacements or I only get one? It is unclear if the care refresh plus counts the unused replacements or it starts with a clean slate.

Thanks.
That's a good question and I don't know the answer. But I would also like to hear what the skinny is!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11