DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Care Refresh+ Slight Confusion

Smallj53

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello everyone!

I'm not all that confident about the assistance DJI gives when you have a problem. Too much reading about DJI on Trustpilot can do that. With someone's help here in this forum hopefully I will know exactly what I want DJI to do for me to solve a potential problem with Care Refresh+. But I should start at the beginning. A little over a year ago, I bought a Magic Mini on Amazon Prime Day. Wow! What an amazing purchase and experience. The mini 2 came along a few weeks later and I plumped for that at full price. Even awesomer. Next came this forum for icing on two cakes. Got Care Refresh because I thought I might crash them as I was such a godawful pilot. I'm a better pilot now thanks to this forum. I never did crash either of them because of my reading here. But I am explaining everything too slowly. So here is the problem: my mini 2 just refused to fly one day about a week ago. Motor spinup problem, gimbal overloaded was another error too. The left front props, were--how can I say this--sticky or turned slower than the other three when you gently spun them with your fingers. I had just renewed my Care Refresh with Care Refresh+ but was able to send in the mini 2 under the original Care Refresh with just 2 days to spare! Lucky me! Got a brand new mini 2 back today. Awesome service, brand new sealed in the box drone, couldn't be happier. But I have lived too long. Now there has to be a screwup somewhere. I look in my account. Under "devices" TWO mini 2's. Great. Which one do I delete from my account? Or does DJI do that automatically? And what about my Care Refresh+? And apparently my controller is not bound to my replacement mini 2 even though I did a test flight this evening. You know DJI will never be able to sell mass market drones to people like me like Apple sells iPhones. Why? Just too darn complicated when there are complications! Thoughts please?

Uuum if the Mini 2 was still under the original care refresh was it STILL under warranty?
If so and if as you say, it just stopped working, I would have asked DJI to evaluate it for a fault before they actioned a care refresh replacement.

Hey there, thanks for your reply. Yes you are correct, I'm pretty sure it could have been handled as a warranty claim. In fact, when I first chatted with DJI, Sabrina ( that was her name) asked me if I had crashed the drone. When I said no, she referred me to a link that would have set me up with a repair order. I think she did that check on a possible crash in order to make sure that a repair would not cost me anything, ( which was nice of her) while of course a crash would be on my dime. But while I was in the middle of setting up everything for warranty repair, the form I was filling out asked for the serial number of my mini 2. When I flipped over on my phone to DJI Fly to get the serial, the browser crashed or I couldn't find the tab I was working the form on...oh bother...I went on my laptop and lo and behold ended up doing everything all over again as a Care Refresh case. So confusing, I swear. I thought they were one and the same thing until I figured out that they weren't. Anyway stuff like this is the reason why DJI is not ready for prime time. Drones will never be a mass market popular item like an iPhone so long as DJI is this confusing in how they treat their customers. Too many hoops to jump through! Anyway, still waiting on someone who can answer the questions in my first post of this thread.

I guess the question is . . . did you pay the Care Refresh fee, or perhaps they just sent you a new one under warranty ?
Sorry if I missed that if it was posted above.

Drones will never be a mass market popular item like an iPhone so long as DJI is this confusing in how they treat their customers. Too many hoops to jump through!

To be fair, they need to assess things on a case by case basis, and there are a LOT of DJI drones out there, in the hands of good pilots, bad pilots, caring and other careless owners, so they have to have their little processes to go through.

Reactions: tlswift58
MAvic_South_Oz said:

I guess the question is . . . did you pay the Care Refresh fee, or perhaps they just sent you a new one under warranty ?
Sorry if I missed that if it was posted above.

I paid the fee for Care Refresh. So it went like this: I paid for Care Refresh when I bought the drone and then I paid again when I decided to use one of the two replacements. A warranty repair is something different which I contemplated doing but did not do. Possibly for warranty repairs they send out refurbished drones? Not sure on that.

MAvic_South_Oz said:

To be fair, they need to assess things on a case by case basis, and there are a LOT of DJI drones out there, in the hands of good pilots, bad pilots, caring and other careless owners, so they have to have their little processes to go through.

Valid point. Actually I should just stick to my problem and not pontificate on DJI's failings in customer service. That could be the subject of a separate post.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Hello everyone!

I'm not all that confident about the assistance DJI gives when you have a problem. Too much reading about DJI on Trustpilot can do that. With someone's help here in this forum hopefully I will know exactly what I want DJI to do for me to solve a potential problem with Care Refresh+. But I should start at the beginning. A little over a year ago, I bought a Magic Mini on Amazon Prime Day. Wow! What an amazing purchase and experience. The mini 2 came along a few weeks later and I plumped for that at full price. Even awesomer. Next came this forum for icing on two cakes. Got Care Refresh because I thought I might crash them as I was such a godawful pilot. I'm a better pilot now thanks to this forum. I never did crash either of them because of my reading here. But I am explaining everything too slowly. So here is the problem: my mini 2 just refused to fly one day about a week ago. Motor spinup problem, gimbal overloaded was another error too. The left front props, were--how can I say this--sticky or turned slower than the other three when you gently spun them with your fingers. I had just renewed my Care Refresh with Care Refresh+ but was able to send in the mini 2 under the original Care Refresh with just 2 days to spare! Lucky me! Got a brand new mini 2 back today. Awesome service, brand new sealed in the box drone, couldn't be happier. But I have lived too long. Now there has to be a screwup somewhere. I look in my account. Under "devices" TWO mini 2's. Great. Which one do I delete from my account? Or does DJI do that automatically? And what about my Care Refresh+? And apparently my controller is not bound to my replacement mini 2 even though I did a test flight this evening. You know DJI will never be able to sell mass market drones to people like me like Apple sells iPhones. Why? Just too darn complicated when there are complications! Thoughts please?
What is Care Refresh+, vs straight Care Refresh?

Thx,

TCS

What is Care Refresh+, vs straight Care Refresh?

Thx,

TCS
If I understand this correctly, Care Refresh+ is just the name DJI gives for a one year extension to the one year Care Refresh you can buy when you first purchase a DJI drone. The name is confusing, I know. It makes you think that there are two programs and the "plus" program is the deluxe version.

If I understand this correctly, Care Refresh+ is just the name DJI gives for a one year extension to the one year Care Refresh you can buy when you first purchase a DJI drone. The name is confusing, I know. It makes you think that there are two programs and the "plus" program is the deluxe version.
You're right; that IS confusing!

Thanks for the clarification.

TCS

Does Care Refresh now include flyaway cover automatically (for the extra fee), or is that an option to the usual Care Refresh ?
(That's what I thought the + might apply to, but probably that further 2nd year cover ?)

Where is the option to purchase Care Refresh? I just bought an Air2s, but have not seen that option. Purchased on Amazon, I am in Mexico, if that makes any difference.
Hi there. Yes I bought my drones on Amazon too. To get Care Refresh, I went to the DJI store and just bought it there. But don't wait to do this. You have 48 hours only after activation to get Care Refresh this way.

Reactions: BajaAir2s
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo