DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI care refresh transferable?

Stefan350

Reactions
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find the answer while searching.

So, I'm selling my mavic and was wondering if the DJI care I purchased will be transferable to the new owner?

Okay, I think this will be good info for those like me that are still confused. I finally got through to DJI and was told there's no transfer precedure, as DJI care refresh once activated is only bond to the mavic S/N.

Okay, I think this will be good info for those like me that are still confused. I finally got through to DJI and was told there's no transfer precedure, as DJI care refresh once activated is only bond to the mavic S/N.

I assume that if your Mavic is replaced (different s/n) either by DJI or supplier due to a fault that the care is then transferable right? Anyone here been through such a situation?

So it is safe to assume that DJI Care Refresh will follow the Mavic? For example if I purchased a Mavic or Spark off someone (original owner) and they had purchased DJI Care Refresh for the Mavic or Spark. Since I am the owner of the Mavic or Spark now, do I know have the DJI Care Refresh for the Mavic or Spark?

Note that DJI doesn't allow their "Care Refresh" to be transferred. You would have to get another new Refresh after making a detailed video of your used drone. And it's not cheap, $99 to start and $79 for the first claim. Also, DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover GIMBLE repair and a few other problems, unless it's a manufacturing issue.

State Farm coverage doesn't apply to the first year! Coverage starts the SECOND year!

Your home owners policy will cover the drone regardless if you have it or not. But check your deductible and any "hit" on your policy may increase your insurance rates in the future!

Note that DJI doesn't allow their "Care Refresh" to be transferred. You would have to get another new Refresh after making a detailed video of your used drone. And it's not cheap, $99 to start and $79 for the first claim. Also, DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover GIMBLE repair and a few other problems, unless it's a manufacturing issue.

State Farm coverage doesn't apply to the first year! Coverage starts the SECOND year!

Your home owners policy will cover the drone regardless if you have it or not. But check your deductible and any "hit" on your policy may increase your insurance rates in the future!

Has State Farm used that policy since initially offering the service? Recent change?

From what I was told by DJI, if you sell your drone, the DJI refresh will still cover the drone with the new seller. What you can't do is transfer it to another drone.

When the owner gets the new drone, they register it. The DJI refresh, which I have, is registered to the S/N number. The owner can be changed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos