DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Video Verification for Mavic Mini

jerkydude

Reactions
Can someone confirm if the following steps are enough for the video verification of DJI Care Refresh (when buying it after 48 hours of drone activation), for Mavic Mini?

I got the following response from DJI support in regards to this, but I'd like real life experiences before trusting what they say.

"Here are the guidelines for you to be able to pass the video verification.

1. Make sure that the serial number is visible and readable.
2. Make sure that you reach 50 meters high and 50 meters in distance.
3. Make sure that the aircraft is stable when flying
4. While flying the drone the DJI Go App is visible.
5. Make sure to show the safe land of the unit at the end of the video. Do not edit your video. Edited videos will not pass verification."

The example video verification on their website for Phantom/Inspire is way more exhaustive, like dozens of more steps...

Can someone confirm if the following steps are enough for the video verification of DJI Care Refresh (when buying it after 48 hours of drone activation), for Mavic Mini?

I got the following response from DJI support in regards to this, but I'd like real life experiences before trusting what they say.

5. Make sure to show the safe land of the unit at the end of the video. Do not edit your video. Edited videos will not pass verification."

The example video verification on their website for Phantom/Inspire is way more exhaustive, like dozens of more steps...

Hey yes, this exactly what I was asked to do, did, and the drone was verified for DJI care refresh.

It was surprisingly simple and they approve it quickly :)

Reactions: Thomas B
I'm imterested in this, I didn't realise that it was time limited and after watching the example video thought it was more hassle than it's worth.

I didn't even know about "DJI Care Refresh" until more than 48 hours had passed. How were we supposed to know? Is it in the "owner's manual" pamphlet thing that came with it? I don't recall seeing it, and don't remember anything popping up in the app, either.

In any event, as soon as I heard about it, I looked on the DJI website, and saw that there was a holiday sale going on through/until January 1 (today), and the "Care Refresh" for the Mini was only $39 USD (anybody know what it normally costs?). I tried to enter my aircraft serial number, but it was not accepting it. I wasn't even sure how/where the aircraft SN was, but in the DJI Fly app, in one of the screens, I found what I thought was the SN, and that was what I tried to enter, but it rejected it. I sent an email (the online chat was not working at the time) to their support department, to let them know I'd tried to purchase the Care Refresh, and it had not successfully gone through. I later found that the aircraft SN is on the Mini, inside the battery door. The number is displayed in a really tiny size, but you can also scan an equally tiny QR code, which then displays the SN.

I figured it was worth going ahead and trying to do the video verification process, hoping I'd still be able to get the $39 price, so yesterday (2019-12-31) I went through all the steps (the lengthier process) outlined on their web site. Some steps were specific to the "Inspire," so I ignored them. I thought it a little surprising that they want you--as a potentially new drone pilot, if you have the Mini--to fly it 200 meters away from you, and 120 meters upwards, but I did my best to follow all the steps, and video the whole process. Quite a challenge, to be honest, but I finished it, uploaded the video to YouTube, then submitted the Video Verification web page info, including a link to the YouTube video, then crossed my fingers.

This morning, though, I got a response to my initial email to DJI support (the one I sent when I couldn't get the SN I was entering to be accepted), and they said that as a courtesy, they'd allow me to purchase the Care Refresh through the website (the regular, non-Video Verification method). I entered the correct SN, and it worked. A short time later, I received an email with the Care Refresh Agreement Number, and other information.

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).....good luck!

Reactions: Thomas B

So I gotta ask, "Jerkydude".....do you make jerky? I do (though it's been a while since I did). I love it! Beef, turkey, even salmon jerky! YUM!

When I bought my M2, I then decided I wasn't going to get refresh. Several days later, I changed my mind and regretted not getting it.
DJI later sent an email saying there was a fault with the Go app not offering the refresh so they were giving me 72 hours to buy it, which I did.
I thought my first installation of Go did mention refresh, but a reinstall didn't. I'm glad I got the reprieve as a month later I did damage my M2 needing to use the refresh.

The Fly app never mentioned Refresh but it should have, especially with new owners coming aboard. Fortunately I was reminded about it in this forum.

It has been a week since I submitted my Verification video. No response yet. I just tried to get support with online chat, and it doesn’t seem to be working. Anyone know if DJI has shut down from the virus?

Has anyone ever had to reupload the verification video. I cant seem to fi d a way to do it.

I didn't even know about "DJI Care Refresh" until more than 48 hours had passed. How were we supposed to know? Is it in the "owner's manual" pamphlet thing that came with it? I don't recall seeing it, and don't remember anything popping up in the app, either.

In any event, as soon as I heard about it, I looked on the DJI website, and saw that there was a holiday sale going on through/until January 1 (today), and the "Care Refresh" for the Mini was only $39 USD (anybody know what it normally costs?). I tried to enter my aircraft serial number, but it was not accepting it. I wasn't even sure how/where the aircraft SN was, but in the DJI Fly app, in one of the screens, I found what I thought was the SN, and that was what I tried to enter, but it rejected it. I sent an email (the online chat was not working at the time) to their support department, to let them know I'd tried to purchase the Care Refresh, and it had not successfully gone through. I later found that the aircraft SN is on the Mini, inside the battery door. The number is displayed in a really tiny size, but you can also scan an equally tiny QR code, which then displays the SN.

I figured it was worth going ahead and trying to do the video verification process, hoping I'd still be able to get the $39 price, so yesterday (2019-12-31) I went through all the steps (the lengthier process) outlined on their web site. Some steps were specific to the "Inspire," so I ignored them. I thought it a little surprising that they want you--as a potentially new drone pilot, if you have the Mini--to fly it 200 meters away from you, and 120 meters upwards, but I did my best to follow all the steps, and video the whole process. Quite a challenge, to be honest, but I finished it, uploaded the video to YouTube, then submitted the Video Verification web page info, including a link to the YouTube video, then crossed my fingers.

This morning, though, I got a response to my initial email to DJI support (the one I sent when I couldn't get the SN I was entering to be accepted), and they said that as a courtesy, they'd allow me to purchase the Care Refresh through the website (the regular, non-Video Verification method). I entered the correct SN, and it worked. A short time later, I received an email with the Care Refresh Agreement Number, and other information.

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).....good luck!
Ugh... I had the same response to my video, despite it being extremely clear! And now they have not responded to any of my emails. Their customer support is so frustrating. Bought two Mavic Air 1’s, osmo, osmo action, and ronin sc, all with their respective Refresh programs without any problems. Now I’ve experienced a problem on their end, and they’ve offered no help to purchase DJI Care refresh for a brand new Mavic air 2 lol.

I was just going to get Care Refresh. I activated my drone on Sunday. Today is Tuesday (2 days later) and it won't let me. Chatted with customer service and was told I activated it in the morning, and it's a couple of hours past their 48 hour window.

I explained I was at work and unable to do it, but it didn't matter.

Not sure I want to go through the hassle of a video, with current weather conditions threatening storms, I wouldn't fly now anyway.

So much for good customer service for the sake of 3 hours.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser