DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Video verification ?

Macronaut59

Reactions
I purchased my Air 2S at the end of Sept. along the DJI Care. I followed instruction to bind the plan I found on Youtube but there was no mention of any video verification via screen recording. I just found this info on the DJI website while shopping for Refresh for my new M3.

Has this video verification always been a requirement?

At some point it has me uploading to Youtube but not where there...?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

As I understand things the verification video is only required if you wish to buy care refresh AFTER the "within 48 hours of the drone being activated" window has closed.
If you bought the care refresh ( for the A2s) then you have it fir the A2s.

As I understand things the verification video is only required if you wish to buy care refresh AFTER the "within 48 hours of the drone being activated" window has closed. If you bought the care refresh then you have it.
Well, that was my understanding originally with my Air 2S. However, when I now go to the site to purchase Care for my M3, it stipulates I need video verification....?

I did go in and check the status of mt existing Care for the Air 2S and it states all is "valid".

I am posting a cut and paste of the pop-up....Note: #4.

"Step 1: Please enter the S/N
Aircraft S/N

Reminder: DJI Care Refresh can only be bound to a product meeting the following criteria:
1. Brand new and un-activated;
2. Aircraft or gimbal activated within the last 48 hours;
3. Handheld device activated within the last 30 days;
4. Aircraft approved via video verification.

*DJI Care Refresh is not purchasable for products that are already or have previously been bound to DJI Care Refresh, or for replacements offered through DJI Care Refresh or DJI Care Refresh +.

More Information > "

Last edited:
I read your quote as, conditions 1. to 4. are alternative criteria that can be met, not that they must all be met. However I do not have an M3 nor am I attempting to buy care refresh so I can not see screens that you may see.
But if a verification video is a must then the drone would surely have to be activated to be able to get it, which would exclude "1." above. From memory a verification video requires video of the drone in flight and possibly performing certain actions.
Perhaps the answer to your question is to try to buy care refresh without the verification video, if a verification video is a must then you should be unable to complete the purchase without it.

Reactions: Macronaut59
I read your quote as, conditions 1. to 4. are alternative criteria that can be met, not that they must all be met. However I do not have an M3 nor am I attempting to buy care refresh so I can not see screens that you may see.
But if a verification video is a must then the drone would surely have to be activated to be able to get it, which would exclude "1." above. From memory a verification video requires video of the drone in flight and possibly performing certain actions.
Perhaps the answer to your question is to try to buy care refresh without the verification video, if a verification video is a must then you should be unable to complete the purchase without it.
I was wondering if it was "or" or "and". Apparently "or". It kind of threw me because I never saw any of this when I was doing the Air 2S.

So, I just purchased the Care, unboxed the M3 and put it on the charger. I will bind it all in the a.m.

Thanks

Look into "binding" before you use it 'engage it'.
There is something about 'connecting' pieces of equipment to one another (not in the sense of linking a drone and controller so that the controller may command the drone) and or your DJI account that effectively prevents use of the drone and or the controller with another controller or drone or DJI account.
It sounds like a good idea in principal but it may cause problems if you like to swap controllers etc. and or sell the equipment and you need to know how to sever the binding if needs be.

Well, that was my understanding originally with my Air 2S. However, when I now go to the site to purchase Care for my M3, it stipulates I need video verification....?

I did go in and check the status of mt existing Care for the Air 2S and it states all is "valid".

I am posting a cut and paste of the pop-up....Note: #4.

"Step 1: Please enter the S/N
Aircraft S/N

Reminder: DJI Care Refresh can only be bound to a product meeting the following criteria:
1. Brand new and un-activated;
2. Aircraft or gimbal activated within the last 48 hours;
3. Handheld device activated within the last 30 days;
4. Aircraft approved via video verification.

*DJI Care Refresh is not purchasable for products that are already or have previously been bound to DJI Care Refresh, or for replacements offered through DJI Care Refresh or DJI Care Refresh +.

More Information > "
Skip Refresh and go with State Farm or a 3rd Party Insurance Co. Typically cheaper and covers more than DJI and way less hassle as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme