DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh vs Warranty Repair

TimO

Reactions
I'm a new MP owner and was interested in hearing other MR owners experience with repairs by DJI - specifically the differences in what is covered by warranty vs what DJI Care Refresh will cover. Also - included in this thread could be private insurance coverage for damage/loss. All discussions, advice and sharing of these areas will be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm a new MP owner and was interested in hearing other MR owners experience with repairs by DJI - specifically the differences in what is covered by warranty vs what DJI Care Refresh will cover. Also - included in this thread could be private insurance coverage for damage/loss. All discussions, advice and sharing of these areas will be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks!
General gist of it:

Warranty: Covers failures from a defect. Flight logs must prove failure was not pilot error. It usually is in most cases.
DJI Care Refresh: Covers everything. You get a replacement drone for $79, for the first replace, and $159 for the second replacement. As long as you have a dead drone you can send back, regardless if it's smashed in a million pieces or waterlogged, you will get a refurbished unit in exchange.
State Farm: Covers loss I hear. I don't need it since I cover my losses with a Trackimo. Haven't needed that so far either.

Note that DJI doesn't allow their "Care Refresh" to be transferred. You would have to get another new Refresh after making a detailed video of your used drone. And it's not cheap, $99 to start and $79 for the first claim. Also, DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover GIMBLE repair and a few other problems, unless it's a manufacturing issue.

State Farm coverage doesn't apply to the first year! Coverage starts the SECOND year!

Your home owners policy will cover the drone regardless if you have it or not. But check your deductible and any "hit" on your policy may increase your insurance rates in the future!

how long is the manufacturers warranty? one year from date of original purchase?

That's nonsense per DJI and per many people dji care refresh is transferable and is insured on the drone serial number itself not the person. where did u get this information?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54