DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Woes

DarrenDriven

Reactions
Launched from a picnic table one day back in January and on RTH the Mavic landed about 3-4 feet away and clipped the edge of the table as it landed. There was no visible damage at all and it didn't crash. After that moment, though, the gimbal started having occasional "seizures" and wouldn't calibrate correctly.

Sent the drone in for repair, hoping that warranty would cover the issue, but of course I was presented only with the option of using my first DJI Care Refresh. Bummer, but OK, whatever. I learned a lesson on where NOT to launch.

Replacement drone arrives and the controller screen is covered in scratches. I complain to support and DJI sends me an overnight return shipping label to return everything again. The repair facility receives the return and I get an email stating that the gimbal board is damaged. Huh? I never flew the drone, or even removed the gimbal clamp or protective cover! So they sent me a damaged drone as a replacement? Or is it their policy to say there is damage just to justify charging $$$ or using a customer's Refresh when they don't really need to?

pVxUNAN.jpg

Almost a week later I get the new shipment, no charge, and inside the package I find THE SAME SCRATCHED UP CONTROLLER! They replaced the drone, though. WTF? I'm emailing support again and they say oops, they will make this a priority and take care of it immediately.

12 hours later I ask for an update. No reply.

24 hours later I ask for an update. No reply.

48 hours later I use the chat to ask for an update. I am asked to wait so the tech can "review my case" and after ten minutes of silence I repeatedly prompt him for a sign of life. Nothing. A few minutes later I give up and just call the support hotline. The service over the phone was actually quite pleasant and the tech was on the ball. He is arranging for another shipping label so I can have the controller replaced. I asked if they could just ship me a new controller first, I even offered to place a deposit, so I could actually use my drone this weekend and they refused. (sigh)

I guess I just need to complain.

Reactions: Droneology
Launched from a picnic table one day back in January and on RTH the Mavic landed about 3-4 feet away and clipped the edge of the table as it landed. There was no visible damage at all and it didn't crash. After that moment, though, the gimbal started having occasional "seizures" and wouldn't calibrate correctly.

Sent the drone in for repair, hoping that warranty would cover the issue, but of course I was presented only with the option of using my first DJI Care Refresh. Bummer, but OK, whatever. I learned a lesson on where NOT to launch.

Replacement drone arrives and the controller screen is covered in scratches. I complain to support and DJI sends me an overnight return shipping label to return everything again. The repair facility receives the return and I get an email stating that the gimbal board is damaged. Huh? I never flew the drone, or even removed the gimbal clamp or protective cover! So they sent me a damaged drone as a replacement? Or is it their policy to say there is damage just to justify charging $$$ or using a customer's Refresh when they don't really need to?

pVxUNAN.jpg

Almost a week later I get the new shipment, no charge, and inside the package I find THE SAME SCRATCHED UP CONTROLLER! They replaced the drone, though. WTF? I'm emailing support again and they say oops, they will make this a priority and take care of it immediately.

48 hours later I use the chat to ask for an update. I am asked to wait so the tech can "review my case" and after ten minutes of silence I repeatedly prompt him for a sign of life. Nothing. A few minutes later I give up and just call the support hotline. The service over the phone was actually quite pleasant and the tech was on the ball. He is arranging for another shipping label so I can have the controller replaced. I asked if they could just ship me a new controller first, I even offered to place a deposit, so I could actually use my drone this weekend and they refused. (sigh)

Howdy from Wyoming @DarrenDriven , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Sorry to hear of your loss and troubles, it sounds very frustrating. Hopefully you will get it sorted out soon and be back in the air.

Reactions: DarrenDriven
No screen protector. I'm dumbfounded that DJI's tech guys would send out a controller with damage on it... and double-dumbfounded that they would send it out TWICE!

Were those scratches on the controller screen or on the plastic "tear-off" screen protector? If they were on the screen, I, too, would be angry.

pVxUNAN.jpg

My first crash they said I must send remote with drone. They declared it to be my fault, and sent a new remote with a new drone. Seems that might be 2 strikes in one? Not sure, but I'm headed to the mississippi river to fly now work is over. A nice way to relax and touch the sky for me. Yall enjoy the flight. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser