DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh worth the Money ?

Beatle63

Reactions
Have had my drone now for 2 weeks still In beginners mode but know my limitations and my skill level. No crazy flying and always safe, some guys say too safe. So is the DJI care package worth it ?

I have insurance through AMA & State Farm. AMA is $35 or $75 for the $2.5 million, I figure the $75 is worth it. The State Farm is $60 for just the bird but I added on some of my rescue equipment like my Trail cameras & large trap for just $15 more. You do need receipts though, 2 of my 4 trail cameras I couldn't find them. Something is better than nothing I guess.

Have had my drone now for 2 weeks still In beginners mode but know my limitations and my skill level. No crazy flying and always safe, some guys say too safe. So is the DJI care package worth it ?
Let’s use the search function to see if this may have been asked/covered previously......

Reactions: PhantomFandom
My answer is yes. I had a problem where it didn't detect an obstacle and crashed into it. Sent the bits back to DJI and got a new one in return.

no its a joke it does not cover remote controller and if your lucky you will get a rebuilt some one else owned aircraft back. if you lose it over water or cant retrieve it you get nothing. mine went it for poor flight distance came back the same plus missing the ubs cover. phone conversation are laughable ..best to fly safe so you dont need customer service ..they wont even send me a cover they opened an investigation to see were it went..some people have good luck from what I here. me they sold me a lemon same with there customer service,,,,,,,,,,..shipping was 5 days ground ups from rhode island to California then 7 days with them looking at it then 5 days shipping back,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
Reactions: Royston James
Yes worth it.
Got it on 3 drones.., the replacement of my MPP paid for all the policies... then Refresh to extend another year after the policies get near the end.

My State Farm rep told me he couldn’t get a separate policy for it in AZ.
I have the insurance through AMA... great liability at $2.5 million Some medical... but only covers $1000 on the drone.

Reactions: Kilrah
For me the policy provides peace of mind. What a weird hobby ... remotely flying a sophisticated object that could fall out of the sky ... and crash in an instant. And the odds of that increase with a new pilot. Why not reduce the risk of a total loss?

Reactions: ff22
no its a joke it does not cover remote controller and if your lucky you will get a rebuilt some one else owned aircraft back. if you lose it over water or cant retrieve it you get nothing. mine went it for poor flight distance came back the same plus missing the ubs cover. phone conversation are laughable ..best to fly safe so you dont need customer service ..they wont even send me a cover they opened an investigation to see were it went..some people have good luck from what I here. me they sold me a lemon same with there customer service,,,,,,,,,,..shipping was 5 days ground ups from rhode island to California then 7 days with them looking at it then 5 days shipping back,,,,,,,,,,,
Can’t agree more, I use insurance plus DJI won’t give Europeans a second year DJI care refresh. Maybe because they have to give us 2 years warranty on the drone and a year on the battery due to consumer law. Which again is worthless because that can be cancelled out with the words “ pilot error “. My care refresh experience was a nightmare to say the least.

Let’s use the search function to see if this may have been asked/covered previously......

Sorry mate yea should have checked previous post on this subject, apologies
Cheers
Mate

Yes for the first drone you own do it.
If not you can buy a new, complete mavic 2 for $500 on eBay. Then you need to use your own camera, controller, props, batteries etc.

So it’s what $149 to buy into the policy $119 for the first use and &139 for the second use. That’s close to the cost of one new aircraft from eBay. So yes. Get it for your first time. Then. No.
I used my refresh and I had my replacement in my hands within 5 days

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yes for the first drone you own do it.
If not you can buy a new, complete mavic 2 for $500 on eBay. Then you need to use your own camera, controller, props, batteries etc.

So it’s what $149 to buy into the policy $119 for the first use and &139 for the second use. That’s close to the cost of one new aircraft from eBay. So yes. Get it for your first time. Then. No.
I used my refresh and I had my replacement in my hands within 5 days
It's $475 now for a new bare M2 aircraft.

Wow your going to beat me up over $25 bucks? Really? Excuse me for rounding up. ?

Wow your going to beat me up over $25 bucks? Really? Excuse me for rounding up. ?
Sorry if it came across that way. No beating up intended at all. Just wanting to share how inexpensive the bare M2 aircraft currently is with a usable link. I paid $650 for mine, from the exact same source back in May! Could have saved $200, but $650 was the cheapest price available back then.

Well it finally happened......I backed my Mavic Pro into a tree about 75' high. Rookie mistake, but there it was......I had to pay a tree guy to retrieve it. All he could do was knock it loose and it fell to the ground....HARD. One broken arm, 3 loose motors, broken camera gimbal, etc.
Well I paid for the Care Refresh mainly because I fly over water a LOT! So I contacted DJI, activated the process and within 2 days I had it boxed up and on the way to Texas (from Canada) for repair. In less than a week a replacement was on the way back....or I had the option of repairing the old one and save the replacement option for another day.
I have to say I was impressed with their communication and updates. And the customs clearance was pretty fast too. I would have preferred to send it to their repair place in Toronto though.
Over all it was money well spent.....for me anyway.

I got it for my MPro. I have seen "stories-internet myth?",of troubles getting fair service from DJI. There is a very reliable US service (posts on this forum) that I would probably approach for repair, before I sent it to DJI. I have also heard as many happy Refresh customers. Remember, you usually need the drone recovered, for DJI Refresh.

Well it finally happened......I backed my Mavic Pro into a tree about 75' high. Rookie mistake, but there it was......I had to pay a tree guy to retrieve it. All he could do was knock it loose and it fell to the ground....HARD. One broken arm, 3 loose motors, broken camera gimbal, etc.
Well I paid for the Care Refresh mainly because I fly over water a LOT! So I contacted DJI, activated the process and within 2 days I had it boxed up and on the way to Texas (from Canada) for repair. In less than a week a replacement was on the way back....or I had the option of repairing the old one and save the replacement option for another day.
I have to say I was impressed with their communication and updates. And the customs clearance was pretty fast too. I would have preferred to send it to their repair place in Toronto though.
Over all it was money well spent.....for me anyway.
DJI is properly set up for Refresh replacements. The process is fully streamlined, pain free, no investigation into causation is necessary, and the inflated repair estimates are irrelevant. You'll have a replacement within a week! Anything outside of a Refresh claim is still foreign to DJI, like trying to put a square peg into a round hole, and a total crap shoot. The guys giving the repair estimates don't follow their own pricing guidelines, everything is considered pilot error, until you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn't. It's a heavy burden that most will not be able to overcome, and can literally take months to resolve, even when successful! Refresh is definitely worth the upfront cost, if you ever need it! Aggravation free!

As you're in Australia, and seem to be cautious flying / learning, then YES, Care Refresh is a good thing to get (if not too late to sign up for it ?).
If you were in the US then State Farm is a better option, as you don't necessarily have to have a crashed drone to claim.

Care Refresh is available for the premium payable for the first year (AUD$169), if no claims or one claim, you can renew for a second year and pay premium again (assume again $169).
Overall, you can claim two Care Refresh uses in that two years, and pay the fees for using it as per their terms (first claim AUD$119, second claim AUD$139)

You need th drone remains to make a claim with DJI Care Refresh (normally . . . a few cases have come up now and then showing blatant failure of DJI systems, so they do usually came to the party on them).

As far as I know, there is no insurance available in Australia from any mainstream insurer to cover your (hobbyist) bird in flight from equipment damage from a crash, as US insurer State Farm covers, and no public liability available for hobbyists.
There are insurers and brokers that do cover all this for commercial users with RePL and / or ReOC qualifications.

You can get home / contents insurers to cover 'portable' contents for when they are away form the home (cameras, laptops, drones etc), but this is usually optional, you have to list what you want covered, value, they give you a price for the the extra premium, and you take it or not.
This only covers loss through theft or damage such as in an car accident etc, probably water damage in flood event, and other such.
All except damage in use such as a flight crash.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Kiwicbrthou
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000