DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh

ctdodge

Reactions
I recently bought a Mavic Mini from Adorama. With the purchase I got the DJI Care Refresh for $39. Shortly after I got it I fired it up and did the registration
and software updates and turned it off. I didn't actually fly it and, in fact, I haven't flown it yet. It's just been too **** cold. Couple days later I go to activate
my Care Refresh and it tells me that because I registered the drone more than 48 hours ago, I need to take all kinds of videos to prove the drone is functional.
I get why they want that except for two things - 1st, I bought the care refresh at the SAME time I bought the drone, so obviously I'm not trying to scam DJI. And
2nd, I haven't flown this thing yet.

Does anyone know if there's a way to activate the Care Refresh without jumping through all those hoops? Is there an actual human at DJI I can talk to and see
if this can be done? It would be different if I bought the Care Refresh after the fact, but since I bought it at the same time there's obviously no scam here!

Thanks

I recently bought a Mavic Mini from Adorama. With the purchase I got the DJI Care Refresh for $39. Shortly after I got it I fired it up and did the registration
and software updates and turned it off. I didn't actually fly it and, in fact, I haven't flown it yet. It's just been too **** cold. Couple days later I go to activate
my Care Refresh and it tells me that because I registered the drone more than 48 hours ago, I need to take all kinds of videos to prove the drone is functional.
I get why they want that except for two things - 1st, I bought the care refresh at the SAME time I bought the drone, so obviously I'm not trying to scam DJI. And
2nd, I haven't flown this thing yet.

Does anyone know if there's a way to activate the Care Refresh without jumping through all those hoops? Is there an actual human at DJI I can talk to and see
if this can be done? It would be different if I bought the Care Refresh after the fact, but since I bought it at the same time there's obviously no scam here!

Thanks
Sorry but I think you are stuck. Buying DJI Care Refresh "at the same time" doesn't really matter because it can be attached to any drone (not just the one you purchased at the same time) and it is not attached to any drone until you activate it. DJI is very clear in their documentation that in order to activate DJI Care Refresh, it must be done within 48 hours of registering your new drone. I believe you even get a reminder when you register?

So yes I do see your point and I know you weren't trying to pull a fast one. However, those are the published DJI program rules and you have missed your 48 hour window. You could try calling DJI and pleading your case but I think we both know how well that would go.

Good luck and happy holidays.

Reactions: Thomas B
you should be able to download the logs..they will show that the drone hasn't flown...won't they?
Dji sure knows more about my 4 drones that I do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929