DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care replacement Mavic 2 Zoom arrived with a damaged gimbal

SSherwood

Reactions
Has anyone received a damaged replacement drone through DJI Care? Mine arrived with a damaged gimbal. Of course I didn't know it until the first flight, and when the problem showed I contacted support they had me run diagnostics that didn't show up anything! So frustrating because now I've got to send it back in to be replaced again! Has anyone else run into problems like this with replacements through DJI Care?

A4F4375D-9DA5-449A-8FF3-78C1A20EA84C_1_201_a.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Sorry I can’t help, as I’ve no experience with Care.
But where is location of footage with snow?

Sorry I can’t help, as I’ve no experience with Care.
But where is location of footage with snow?
Well having lived in Panama it sure ain't there :p

To the OP that could easily be damage in shipment as well...regardless DJI should replace it. Not much you can do about these things. Over the holidays things at the shipping companies go haywire and attitudes and such are in short order. With the mail services now struggling with returns things aren't the best. Contact DJI show them that picture and explain the problem. See what they say, most items over the years coming from DJI are new or like new and guaranteed to be so from all the reports that I have seen. Just one of those things...just gotta bite the bullet and wait it seems. See if you can go up a tier in service and get a cross shipment, I have seen DJI do that on some instances...best of luck. :)

Reactions: Thomas B
time for some epoxy glue as the break is pretty evident

Despite conjectures it’s a nuisance, but simple;

Don’t try to fix the drone. It should be “as new”. Just get with DJI and send it back.

Reactions: SSherwood
I agree with the comment ‘Don’t try fix’.

If there was no other option then it is a simple repair to replace the gimbal mount but it has a chance of escalating into a total gimbal tear down which you should not need to do.
Go back to your supplier.

Reactions: SSherwood
Well having lived in Panama it sure ain't there :p

To the OP that could easily be damage in shipment as well...regardless DJI should replace it. Not much you can do about these things. Over the holidays things at the shipping companies go haywire and attitudes and such are in short order. With the mail services now struggling with returns things aren't the best. Contact DJI show them that picture and explain the problem. See what they say, most items over the years coming from DJI are new or like new and guaranteed to be so from all the reports that I have seen. Just one of those things...just gotta bite the bullet and wait it seems. See if you can go up a tier in service and get a cross shipment, I have seen DJI do that on some instances...best of luck. :)
Thanks for the comment. I’ll see if they will do a cross shipment. When you say that you mean DJI sending the replacement at the same time of sending in the defective one?

The video was shot in Upstate, NY!
Upstate NY, the mythical land between Yonkers and Canada ;) Where about was that? My wife's family has a dairy farm in Richfield Springs, I love flying out there. Almost took out my Phantom 3 out there with Litchi. That's where I learned that elevation was kind of important.

Upstate NY, the mythical land between Yonkers and Canada ;) Where about was that? My wife's family has a dairy farm in Richfield Springs, I love flying out there. Almost took out my Phantom 3 out there with Litchi. That's where I learned that elevation was kind of important.
It was out in Central NY near the town of Cincinnatus. Thats about an hour and half south of Syracuse. Yes, elevation can be important with all the hills!

Reactions: anotherlab
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98