DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Cover

Do you mean the cover over the gimbal / camera?

If so, there should be a replacement in the DJI Store (on their web site). If not, here's the part available on Amazon:

Though many of us use something other the DJI original part. Ask if you want pointers to that.

You DO want to use a gimbal cover / lock. You do NOT want the gimbal / camera to just flop around in it's case -- you will damage it that way.

Chris

Do you mean the cover over the gimbal / camera?

If so, there should be a replacement in the DJI Store (on their web site). If not, here's the part available on Amazon:

Though many of us use something other the DJI original part. Ask if you want pointers to that.

You DO want to use a gimbal cover / lock. You do NOT want the gimbal / camera to just flop around in it's case -- you will damage it that way.

Chris

My temporary solution has been to shove a napkin between the camera and the chassis to stop it from moving. Inevitably i also lost the napkin and am now using a sponge.

I quit using the stock cover and use the Polorpro one.
There are several threads on them and I love mine.
A little pricy but money we’ll spent.

My temporary solution has been to shove a napkin between the camera and the chassis to stop it from moving. Inevitably i also lost the napkin and am now using a sponge.
I highly recommend you get some brand of cover as doing what you
are is IMO going to cost you a messed up gimbal. Just looked at your location
so not sure what you can get but you better get one.

I highly recommend you get some brand of cover as doing what you
are is IMO going to cost you a messed up gimbal. Just looked at your location
so not sure what you can get but you better get one.
I don't know if you follow the news but we're pretty much in an economic/political crisis over here where our currency has deteriorated by 500% and cash $ is nowhere to be found... But i will take your recommendation seriously and buy myself one no matter how much it will hurt, better safe than sorry.

Reactions: dirkclod
[
I also got the Polerpro cover, easier to put on but it is so tight I feel as if it could damage the gimbal, I keep it in my bag for emergency use only.
Yeah seversl were concerned with that but that’s all I’ve used ever since I got mine and has not caused no issues at all. Now the original
I saw issues with messing up the gimbal for me as I had a hard time getting it to line up. It’s just what your comfortable with.
Course I did let @Thomas B test it out before I bought mine ?

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I also got the Polerpro cover, easier to put on but it is so tight I feel as if it could damage the gimbal, I keep it in my bag for emergency use only.
I had the same experience. The amount of force needed to get the PolarPro gimbal cover to latch is too much. I was pushing quite hard and when I started to hear crunching noises I stopped and never used it again. Luckily, my M2P was OK.

I had the same experience. The amount of force needed to get the PolarPro gimbal cover to latch is too much. I was pushing quite hard and when I started to hear crunching noises I stopped and never used it again. Luckily, my M2P was OK.
Is odd how some have that issue and some don’t. Maybe just the way they were made. Mine is no issue. Took a few times to learn to use it
properly but after that easy peezy.

Is odd how some have that issue and some don’t. Maybe just the way they were made. Mine is no issue. Took a few times to learn to use it
properly but after that easy peezy.
There is actually a bit more to my story. After trying the first one I contacted PolarPro and they said that they have had some problems and would ship me out another one, which they did quite quickly. The first one I could only get the latch to within about a quarter of an inch of catching and the second one was better but could only get it to about an eighth with a lot of pressure.

There is actually a bit more to my story. After trying the first one I contacted PolarPro and they said that they have had some problems and would ship me out another one, which they did quite quickly. The first one I could only get the latch to within about a quarter of an inch of catching and the second one was better but could only get it to about an eighth with a lot of pressure.
Did you contact them back ?

Reactions: Camino Ken
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots