DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji crystalsky official mount for mavic

seinäjoki

Reactions
hey guys,

last week i bought my first ever dji crystalsky the 5.5 inch version. works well so far. one problem, the dji official mount for mavicfor the crystalsky is clearly lacking thought process by dji engineers. whoever designed the product clearly forgot about the built-in cable sticking out the back to the extent that putting the mavic controller on the table with the mount attached makes the cable bore the weight of the controller + attached crystalsky. didnt dji engineers thought about this? did they not plan ahead and saw this problem? over time definitely this cable will wear out and break. this mount is sturdy and well-built as well as seems solid and very strong. but i'm very much worried about the cable at the back sticking out and has to be squished whenever we want to lay the mavic controller on the table or something etc. while flying but need to fix something quickly so we lay it on the ground.

anyone have any ideas/suggestions?wondering why this built-in back cable is sticking out and getting squished if placing controller on the back. they should have at least made the cable longer... common sense.

lS07T7e.jpg

thanks

Reactions: crisp007
I guess time will tell how durable it is

... force bends like this rarely behave well...
I agree with the OP about poor engineering, especially if the cable is non-detachable...

Yes, poor design for sure. I’ll be looking for a short extension cable.

hey guys,

last week i bought my first ever dji crystalsky the 5.5 inch version. works well so far. one problem, the dji official mount for mavicfor the crystalsky is clearly lacking thought process by dji engineers. whoever designed the product clearly forgot about the built-in cable sticking out the back to the extent that putting the mavic controller on the table with the mount attached makes the cable bore the weight of the controller + attached crystalsky. didnt dji engineers thought about this? did they not plan ahead and saw this problem? over time definitely this cable will wear out and break. this mount is sturdy and well-built as well as seems solid and very strong. but i'm very much worried about the cable at the back sticking out and has to be squished whenever we want to lay the mavic controller on the table or something etc. while flying but need to fix something quickly so we lay it on the ground.

anyone have any ideas/suggestions?wondering why this built-in back cable is sticking out and getting squished if placing controller on the back. they should have at least made the cable longer... common sense.

lS07T7e.jpg

thanks
hey guys,

lS07T7e.jpg

thanks
Yes I agree - it's frustrating that it's the little things that let it down.

I would rather see this cable be shorter, so it goes straight from the mount to the controller, in a straight line. Heck, the cable would even cost DJI less.

Reactions: Creepyfatguy
I have the mount too and thought I must be doing something wrong because no way would they design it to do this. Well it looks like ‘way’ that’s exactly how it is, and because of the design there is nothing you can do about it regardless of changing the length because they both protrude out from different angles. It disgusts me that companies sell products that have obvious serious flaws. I was even more annoyed that all the YouTube videos on the mount I watched prior to purchase, and none of them even mentioned this!!

Completely agree with the above comments. This part of the mount is very poorly designed. AND the mount was not cheap.

Reactions: jerryflah
Wow, so this is what i am going to have to look forward to. I have the mount but have yet to get the crystalsky seeing dji is out of the 5.5 and i dont want to purchase it from Amazon, seeing it may be old or something like that and have bugs that should be sorted out with a fresh one hahaha, but thanks for forewarning because i would probably be OCD about that cable as well.

I tried my bracket anyways on my controller to see if it would fit that way and i believe you connected your cable before you mounted it?? Well i mounted mine then inserted the cable it was a tighter fit and slightly bends the cable (not like it's breaking it) but my intentions were once i put it on i was never gonna take it off hahaha, but when i did it my way i didnt have that large loop in the back and it actually is flat within that space

Attachments

• 27294186_10212659031609309_344914291_n.jpg
    27294186_10212659031609309_344914291_n.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 27294306_10212659022889091_1222763575_n.jpg
    27294306_10212659022889091_1222763575_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Reactions: seinäjoki
Sorry, I don’t see this problem. If I lay it flat, there is still 1 cm space. A shorter cable would be more difficult to attach.lay1.jpg top2.jpg

If cables do start breaking it’s not hard to replace (if DJI would make them available). Peel back padding, remove 4 screws, separate two parts (don’t loose little silver ball tension gizzmo and slide out cable.

thanks guys for replying. i don't know somehow mine is shorter by a teeny weeny bit compared to all of yours based on the pictures you sent me. even if i were to bent it the other way so that it goes around instead of over the sticking out part i will actually be forcing it instead of breaking it something which i have tried before. but will try again. as for now i have recently received my new PolarPro crystal sky mount for mavic! its incredibly awesome!!! and the quality is well-built.

the dji mount will have to be kept in storage for a while don't think i will use it ever again haha. because of the bent wire problem and somehow after extended periods of usage, my right hand palm gets uncomfortably hot after a while from rubbing against the crystal sky while using the controller (when using the dji official mount)

Reactions: NestleQuik
thanks guys for replying. i don't know somehow mine is shorter by a teeny weeny bit compared to all of yours based on the pictures you sent me. even if i were to bent it the other way so that it goes around instead of over the sticking out part i will actually be forcing it instead of breaking it something which i have tried before. but will try again. as for now i have recently received my new PolarPro crystal sky mount for mavic! its incredibly awesome!!! and the quality is well-built.

the dji mount will have to be kept in storage for a while don't think i will use it ever again haha. because of the bent wire problem and somehow after extended periods of usage, my right hand palm gets uncomfortably hot after a while from rubbing against the crystal sky while using the controller (when using the dji official mount)

Just remember if that new cable is longer, that sometimes it delays the feed as well, probably not by much but that's why they try to make the distance as short as possible, from device to device, good luck

I just read the part about your palms getting warm, if you noticed on the back of my controller on the pics above, you will see like a metal bracket , well that's the bracket for my lanyard, you wont be able to use it with that polar pro bracket you now own, but it will still work with the mavic bracket, and the crystalsky monitor. It relieves having to have that death grip on the controller and the the lanyard itself is a thin design that doesn't obstruct the view of the monitor, and yes it mounts very secure by just clipping on, i'll post a link, i purchased mines from Lightate.com a while back and i am very happy with its functionality.

PGYTECH Remote Controller Clasp Length of the Lanyard is Adjustable Neck Sling for MAVIC PRO Drone Accessories

Can anyone confirm whether the polar pro crystalsky mount fits the Mavic Air RC. I can’t see a reason why it won’t but I don’t want to waste my money again like I have on the DJI mounting bracket which won’t fit the Mavic Air RC

Can anyone confirm whether the polar pro crystalsky mount fits the Mavic Air RC. I can’t see a reason why it won’t but I don’t want to waste my money again like I have on the DJI mounting bracket which won’t fit the Mavic Air RC

I can't answer your question but I agree with you that it should work. The RC look very similar. Besides the display on the Mavic Pros controller. And that is the reason Im commenting. Id be cautious using the CS display. Ive been having nothing but trouble lately with my app crashing and losing video feed while using my CS. Im glad I have a screen on my RC to be able to Gide the AC back home. I guess you could always use RTH if you needed to.

Reactions: Auspete
Yeh - I’ve read a lot about the apps crashing. I’ve got a 5.5 that I’ve been using on my Mavic Pro and I’ve had zero problems so hope that continues when I get the Air

Yeh - I’ve read a lot about the apps crashing. I’ve got a 5.5 that I’ve been using on my Mavic Pro and I’ve had zero problems so hope that continues when I get the Air

I don't think the 5.5 is susceptible to the problems, they are mainly occurring with the CS UB, the app freezes when it gets too hot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom