DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Customer Service

julius13

Reactions
I wanted to post to this thread to discuss my recent experience with DJI Customer Service. On 10/24/19 while flying in my neighborhood my Mavic 2 Pro fell from 372 feet into a tree 115 feet in the air. The 1st error message was that the Gimbal roll had exceeded its limit, GPS positioning off, etc. then screen went blank...disconnect. Before I realized what was happening, I assumed the drone had just disconnected and I was in a little panic that it had flown away and it was getting dark. I had a Lume cube beacon on but it did me no good Because I couldn’t locate the drone. After some time I had to conclude the drone was gone. I went back to review the flight log and then realized what happened. I went looking for the drone but couldn’t locate it. The following day, I contacted one of my neighbors to get permission to enter their property to search in the daylight. It’s lodged in the top of a pin oak tree and there is no way I’m going to attempt to retrieve it at that height. I contacted DJI and let them know what had happened. They asked me to download my flight record to the cloud. I did and they came back and said they needed to pull more data from my tablet...they needed the entire flight record file. That’s 3.5 years worth of information across several drones. So, based on what I have read from others and their experience with DJI Customer Service my thought was here we go with the stall. Anyway, I sent the entire file and within 1 hour DJI came back to me and informed me that they had determined the issue was not pilot error and they would fully cover me for the incident by sending me a new drone, battery, and props. They understand from reviewing the data that there was a propulsion issue that caused the drone to flip over and spiral from the sky. Without having to send the drone to them, they replaced it with a new one and I received it within 24 hours from placing the order.
My whole point is, I’m sure there have been issues with others with what I’ve read but in my case I couldn’t be more pleased with DJI Customer Service. They kept me informed throughout the data analysis and didn’t ever suggest that it might be my fault. As for what happened, who knows. Possible lost prop? I don’t understand how because I had been flying for several minutes, even landed to change batteries and I’m very diligent about pre-flight check list. Luckily it fell into a tree and not somewhere on the road or somebody. So this is a happy ending to what could have been a catastrophic event. I suppose it’s time to hear from the haters but I’m hopeful there are others who may have had a recent experience with DJI Customer Service. I just wanted to post this to let others know regardless what you’ve read, DJI is not the evil dark side, at least for me.

In your case, DJI has done its job correctly, good customer service, as expected of them ... A pity that is not always the case ...

Reactions: otisbrazwell
The way you described that they wanted flight record from the tablet, I thought they'd be looking for any crashes.

Yep I've had 3 good experiences with DJI customer service with the last one being this week. My Mavic 2 Pro had a slightly bulged battery from my Fly More bundle. I called them and they sent me an email with what they wanted from me. A picture and a video of the battery rocking. I sent them pictures of all three batteries and a video of all three batteries. They responded in 2 days letting me know they'll replace all three and asked that I send a video of me dipping them in salt water, which I did. The next day, I got an email with shipping info for the batteries. Note, I got my kit the day the Mavic 2 Pro was released last year. All batteries had over 100 charges. No problem.

Reactions: Thomas B
One of my original batteries has a slight bulge, barely noticeable when cold. But after a flight, it's noticeable where it could get worse and unlatch in flight.
Third one that's pretty bad I did exploratory surgery as I wasn't expecting DJI to ever cave in and replace these swelling batteries past 6 months of purchase. I've found some good deals on new batteries though in the last couple months so I effectively have all three replaced and use the two originals for ground maintenance. Such as answering questions about various behaviors, and if M2 can connect to Fly.

One of my original batteries has a slight bulge, barely noticeable when cold. But after a flight, it's noticeable where it could get worse and unlatch in flight.
Third one that's pretty bad I did exploratory surgery as I wasn't expecting DJI to ever cave in and replace these swelling batteries past 6 months of purchase. I've found some good deals on new batteries though in the last couple months so I effectively have all three replaced and use the two originals for ground maintenance. Such as answering questions about various behaviors, and if M2 can connect to Fly.

Yes no problem but they wanted some verification, which I think is reasonable.

No doubt. I just wish I knew they were backing down before I ripped open the third battery. Might try it with the 2nd battery. First battery may be difficult since the swelling isn't probably bad enough to be noticeable in a video.

Are you in the states?

I had two of my batteries swell up. and there were around 50 charges on them. I purchased a new one and left the other two in fireproof sleeves. I posted about this and figured because they were left in a hot car, I was out of luck. I think I will contact DJI and see if they offer any rebate or replacement. Thanks.

No doubt. I just wish I knew they were backing down before I ripped open the third battery. Might try it with the 2nd battery. First battery may be difficult since the swelling isn't probably bad enough to be noticeable in a video.

Are you in the states?

Yep!

OK. Asked because other countries have stricter consumer protection laws which could have explained the leniency.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy