DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI direct order shipping to Canada?

Fire306

Reactions
Placed my order for a Mavic Pro, and some extras directly from DJI today.
It looks like it possibly will be shipped via Fed-Ex.
Problem is, in the past I have had items shipped into Canada using Fed-Ex only to find out weeks later (6 weeks later last time) that I owed them huge brokerage fees.
I have contacted DJI, and they are claiming they will pay these charges if I am charged.

Has anyone else received their order in Canada, and were you charged brokerage fees?

Thanks in advance

I ordered mine through DJI on Tuesday and have the same concerns. I believe mine was listed to ship via DHL. My order is still showing stages 1, 2 and 3 complete but no "shipped" yet. It was supposed to ship in 3-5 days. I'm hoping that is accurate.

Thanks

I placed a second order, which did ship and it was shipped fed-ex, that's what got me worried about it.
I did a live chat last night with DJI, they were quite convincing that I should not have to pay anything, and if I am charged, they will settle it, and pay it.
Hopefully that's true. I have had stuff show up in the past through Fed-Ex and 6 weeks later received an invoice for 1/2 or more of the order value. They don't tell you at the time of delivery. When questioned about it, they simply said I must pay, and sent it to a collection agency. Horrible customer service. Worse than UPS for Importing to Canada, if that's possible. At least UPS tells you the horrific cost of their fees at the time of delivery.

I'm counting on the fact that this is supposed to be free shipping. I have yet to know exactly where it is shipping from.

You'll be good. There are lots of complains about how dji handled lead times but I have not seen one complaint of someone getting jammed on the commitment of free delivery, taxes and duties and know that DJIs policy is to pay any charges should you get them. I have not seen commentary about ones coming to Canada having fees.

Mine came DHL and I suspect yours will too. I have seen them using FEDEX to the US but not aware of them using them to Canada. My bet is that it will be DHL.

Thanks. Now I just have to get that "SHIPPED" status to show up. Hopefully DHL won't waist too much time in getting it to me.

I'm ordered from Toronto. I ordered my on 11th at DJI.com, Status says 12th. And it's been 7 business days now and no shipping status yet. I had a chat with dji couple days ago and said it will be shipped by 23rd. That will give them today or Monday to get this thing on the road. Fingers crossed. Getting inpatient and worried.

Placed my order for a Mavic Pro, and some extras directly from DJI today.
It looks like it possibly will be shipped via Fed-Ex.
Problem is, in the past I have had items shipped into Canada using Fed-Ex only to find out weeks later (6 weeks later last time) that I owed them huge brokerage fees.
I have contacted DJI, and they are claiming they will pay these charges if I am charged.

Has anyone else received their order in Canada, and were you charged brokerage fees?

Thanks in advance
I just ordered some batteries and an intelligent charger and a few other thing from DJI and live in edmonton, alberta. I got them about 5 days later and got no extra charges.

and can someone tell me ?? Did you buy from the same website? Why can not I put Canada in the country option? Only the USA option. Is the value on site 1149.00 already included taxes?

I don't know why anybody would in Canada would buy from DJI direct when there are so many good dealers in Canada that will ship the same day for the same price. Even amazon.ca is a better way to go than DJI direct. Both FedEx and DHL are unforgiving about delivery drops, and after you've gone through the hassle of trying to chase down an international parcel, you'll realize the benefits of buying within Canada. Generally, Canadian sellers ship via can post expedited, which you can pick up at your local post office if you miss the delivery.

Thanks PropPilot for the peace of mind. Super excited to get my hands on the mavic.
I just ordered my mavic 2 zoom and dhl just sent me a brokerage fee that i must pay. I talked to dji support about it and they told me to not pay for it but im wondering how long do i have to wait for them to pay the fee? Im waiting for about 3 days now.

I just ordered my mavic 2 zoom and dhl just sent me a brokerage fee that i must pay. I talked to dji support about it and they told me to not pay for it but im wondering how long do i have to wait for them to pay the fee? Im waiting for about 3 days now.

nope you dont have to pay nothing,better inform DJI customer service

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00