DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Drone Service Superheroes Are Real !!!

Personal Drone Repair

Reactions
My name is Michael Starley . I have been repairing drones for almost two years .
Every single customer is critical to my success . Failure is not an option .
In past experiences I have faced many challenges . I am sure that all of us can relate .
These challenges teach us many things , patience , tenacity, resourcefulness just to name a few .

The idea of owning and operating my own business was born out of a desire to control my future ( To the best of my ability) as well as my finance . At the age of 48 I realized that I needed a way to support myself that did not involve the complete and utter annihilation of my joints , knees and skeletal structure . I am after all over half way there due to a very enjoyable yet severely labor intensive past career . Heavy Rigger .

I have found that all of my past challenges have prepared me for this
chosen profession .
Everything is just one **** of a lot lighter .
I plan on being in this field and in this role for the rest of my life .

I did however leave the starting line without an investor . I am fully aware of the realities of this decision . Much like the Flying Wallendas were aware of their surroundings . Truthfully I welcome the challenge . It keeps me on my toes on every repair . I do not have a wife nagging me to excellence . Every repair must check all of the boxes . Customer Service , Quality , Expedient Turnaround Times and just like a restaurant , a good experience as a whole . Nothing less will do .

I recently took in my first Mavic 2 Zoom . Straight forward repair . Broken left front arm . Gimbal not responding . All phases of the repair were on track . After repairs , I recalibrate the IMU and then the joystick prior to bench and flight testing . During the remote calibration , the right side scroll wheel for the zoom feature did not return to center . When contacting the customer to see if he would like me to include this in my scope of work , he conveyed that he was not aware this issue .

He did convey that he needed this corrected . He also conveyed to me that this has become a mission critical repair .
He needed this unit in his hands and in the air in less than two weeks ." No problem " , I said .
I began my search for the part . After two days of hunting , begging , searching and praying , I realized that I had a problem .
I had become spoiled at past success and am now seeing the end of the rope . I was not there yet but it was staring me in the face like a tax penalty levied by the IRS . Time and days were slipping by . Tenacity wearing thin and tired of facing failure , I took a different approach to my search .

I searched this site for Mavic 2 Zoom RC1A Controllers for sale . Like a cell phone ringing in your pocket while you are cheating on your wife , I almost jumped out of my skin .I had found a thread with a response from another drone repair business that stated they had plenty of these controllers just lying around . Exhausted but excited , I pinched myself , I literally pinched my arm until it turned red .
It hurt .
But I was renewed . Yep there it was a bright shining bread crumb of hope .

Turns out that this drone repair business that I am alluding to is also an approved vendor .
I am not . Oooh NOooo !!
I was so close .
Would this other business help another repair business ?
Would this approved vendor lend a hand up to a non approved vendor ?
( Comment Removed By Mod )

Calm down little business...Calm Down . Wheeew .
So I mustered up my nerve , reached out to a competitor named DJI Drone Service .
While awaiting a reply to my request , the horizontal sweat from brow almost shorted out my monitor .
With a dead eyed stare I sat fixed on my monitor . The hands of the clock clanged like the Liberty Bell as I waited and braced for the worst .
As the sweat clouded my vision and my eyes dried from lack of blinking , I could see a little red blur in the upper right hand corner of the forum screen .

It's A Bird !!

It's A Plane !!

No....... Wait...... It's DJI Drone Service !!

As I read the response my faith in humanity and the American Spirit were renewed .
I smiled so wide at the content of the message I actually pulled an earlobe muscle .

YES !!!!

It was " Yes "
DJI Drone Service had saved my......well ..... you know ....( Mod Removed ) !!

Not only did DJI Drone Service help a fellow businessman in his time of need , they have renewed my faith in the ability come together in these decisive times .

That is the American Spirit .
That is the American Way .
That is what makes this country " Great "

Thank you from the bottom of my heart DJI Drone Service .
You are a Class Act .

To the members that have made it this far, thank you as well and thank you to all of the responses while I panicked .

DJI Drone Services My Heroes

Last edited:
Thinking you may want to reconsider your new career choice... Ever consider becoming a writer?? LOL Just kidding!!!
Good luck with your new endeavor... Sounds like you have what it takes to get there!

My name is Michael Starley . I have been repairing drones for almost two years .
Every single customer is critical to my success . Failure is not an option .
In past experiences I have faced many challenges . I am sure that all of us can relate .
These challenges teach us many things , patience , tenacity, resourcefulness just to name a few .

The idea of owning and operating my own business was born out of a desire to control my future ( To the best of my ability) as well as my finance . At the age of 48 I realized that I needed a way to support myself that did not involve the complete and utter annihilation of my joints , knees and skeletal structure . I am after all over half way there due to a very enjoyable yet severely labor intensive past career . Heavy Rigger .

I have found that all of my past challenges have prepared me for this
chosen profession .
Everything is just one **** of a lot lighter .
I plan on being in this field and in this role for the rest of my life .

I did however leave the starting line without an investor . I am fully aware of the realities of this decision . Much like the Flying Wallendas were aware of their surroundings . Truthfully I welcome the challenge . It keeps me on my toes on every repair . I do not have a wife nagging me to excellence . Every repair must check all of the boxes . Customer Service , Quality , Expedient Turnaround Times and just like a restaurant , a good experience as a whole . Nothing less will do .

I recently took in my first Mavic 2 Zoom . Straight forward repair . Broken left front arm . Gimbal not responding . All phases of the repair were on track . After repairs , I recalibrate the IMU and then the joystick prior to bench and flight testing . During the remote calibration , the right side scroll wheel for the zoom feature did not return to center . When contacting the customer to see if he would like me to include this in my scope of work , he conveyed that he was not aware this issue .

He did convey that he needed this corrected . He also conveyed to me that this has become a mission critical repair .
He needed this unit in his hands and in the air in less than two weeks ." No problem " , I said .
I began my search for the part . After two days of hunting , begging , searching and praying , I realized that I had a problem .
I had become spoiled at past success and am now seeing the end of the rope . I was not there yet but it was staring me in the face like a tax penalty levied by the IRS . Time and days were slipping by . Tenacity wearing thin and tired of facing failure , I took a different approach to my search .

I searched this site for Mavic 2 Zoom RC1A Controllers for sale . Like a cell phone ringing in your pocket while you are cheating on your wife , I almost jumped out of my skin .I had found a thread with a response from another drone repair business that stated they had plenty of these controllers just lying around . Exhausted but excited , I pinched myself , I literally pinched my arm until it turned red .
It hurt .
But I was renewed . Yep there it was a bright shining bread crumb of hope .

Turns out that this drone repair business that I am alluding to is also an approved vendor .
I am not . Oooh NOooo !!
I was so close .
Would this other business help another repair business ?
Would this approved vendor lend a hand up to a non approved vendor ?
( Comment Removed By Mod )

Calm down little business...Calm Down . Wheeew .
So I mustered up my nerve , reached out to a competitor named DJI Drone Service .
While awaiting a reply to my request , the horizontal sweat from brow almost shorted out my monitor .
With a dead eyed stare I sat fixed on my monitor . The hands of the clock clanged like the Liberty Bell as I waited and braced for the worst .
As the sweat clouded my vision and my eyes dried from lack of blinking , I could see a little red blur in the upper right hand corner of the forum screen .

It's A Bird !!

It's A Plane !!

No....... Wait...... It's DJI Drone Service !!

As I read the response my faith in humanity and the American Spirit were renewed .
I smiled so wide at the content of the message I actually pulled an earlobe muscle .

YES !!!!

It was " Yes "
DJI Drone Service had saved my......well ..... you know ....( Mod Removed ) !!

Not only did DJI Drone Service help a fellow businessman in his time of need , they have renewed my faith in the ability come together in these decisive times .

That is the American Spirit .
That is the American Way .
That is what makes this country " Great "

Thank you from the bottom of my heart DJI Drone Service .
You are a Class Act .

To the members that have made it this far, thank you as well and thank you to all of the responses while I panicked .

DJI Drone Services My Heroes
Happy to help source a part that you cant buy from dji. We are all family here on the forum and we support the hobby and your new venture. I also would like to personally thank you for your 30 years of old school hard labor as an iron worker. Without guys in your field we would have no infrastructure...all our bridges would be falling into the sea, our skyscrapers would topple over like a sack of potatoes + the other 1000 things you helped create. (Before we spoke I took all that for granted not realizing what it took to get there) Wishing you the best of success in your new venture in doing something you love.
the iron workers are the real heroes risking their lives on daily basis for the better of millions of people and barely get any recognition for it.
Best!
Steve

Steve from djidroneservice is really a stand up guy and someone I have bought from before and will again. Good on you sending props (not literally lol) out to this guy.

@djidroneservice has helped me out GREATLY on 2 totally separate situations and I can't say enough good things about them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus