DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Flight Simulator II (Trial Version) -- Anyone get it to work?

Hauptmann

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've downloaded and installed DJI FS II, but I can't make it work. I get the splash screen and music, but that's it.

What am I missing?

I've downloaded and installed DJI FS II, but I can't make it work. I get the splash screen and music, but that's it.

What am I missing?

What is exactly the Flight SImulator II - When was it Published?
It is a Realistic Simulation ???

Reactions: Canstre
Trial version? It must be a beta. Tell DJI that it doesn’t work so they can find the problem and fix it. It’s what trial versions are generally used for.

I just flew a simulated mavic 2 zoom for more than an hour (it's real fun!) through a virtual city, a beautiful island that looked like Myst / Riven and a country side area with some buildings to explore and power lines to avoid and of course a lot of trees to fly around and over using the newest version I downloaded from here DJI Flight Simulator - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI.

What you still have got to do, is go to the installation directory and execute dji_usb_5512_64_108,exe to setup a special USB driver from the RC.
I did not find this out myself but by looking at Mongkol sangthong YouTube video
Then connect your RC with a small USB-B cable at the left outlet, where you usually connect your smartphone or tablet. Not the standard USB one down in the center.
You also need to register / login with your DJI account Mail address and password.

The simulation of at least the mavic 2 zoom I used is not perfect though.

IMHO the controls for right: forward/backward ; sideways left/right) and left: turn left/right are far too sensitive and unrealistic.
I am trying to fix this by changing the settings but have not yet found the best values. The TPS mode switch on the RC is working! But here the tripod mode is reacting IMHO far too slow so you easily go far beyond your intended stop point.

Another thing DJI should fix is to save the selected RC and settings.

And the really useful features like the skills training (with a tutorial, hovering and route flying) are only available in the enterprise version which AFAIK costs > $1000 USD.

Finally a useful hint. The get first overview of the app you don't need to connect your RC. You can use the WASD and Enter and Backspace keys to navigate. The mouse won't work.
But if you want to "fly" you need to connect your RC as described above.

I first downloaded the DJI Simulator in January, but experienced enough problems with its functionality that I ended up deleting from my PC, but felt it was worth giving it another go.
Went through the download process a short time ago - I save the download to a separate folder of a different server ahead of completing an installation. Almost straight away though my AV software choked on the download, quarantining it because of a virus threat then deleting it from my system all together, siting its inability to resolve the threat.
Not the first time I've experienced download issues with DJI software, so I'll checking AV firewall and server logs before being prepared to attempt another download. Grrrr!

I like it - ...
Works Like a Drone - ...

As said before its not exactly as the Drone flies... especially if you Manually do an Orbit of a fixture...
But really GOOD ! (I loved the Island scenes)

I think this May well cut down on Drone accidents -
I tried the ISLAND Scene and the City Scene-

The Geofencing was a Bit irritating in the city -

Good Job DJI

Reactions: darkneskies
This is the secret!!!!!

What you still have got to do, is go to the installation directory and execute dji_usb_5512_64_108,exe to setup a special USB driver from the RC.

I just flew a simulated mavic 2 zoom for more than an hour (it's real fun!) through a virtual city, a beautiful island that looked like Myst / Riven and a country side area with some buildings to explore and power lines to avoid and of course a lot of trees to fly around and over using the newest version I downloaded from here DJI Flight Simulator - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI.

I did not find this out myself but by looking at Mongkol sangthong YouTube video
Then connect your RC with a small USB-B cable at the left outlet, where you usually connect your smartphone or tablet. Not the standard USB one down in the center.
You also need to register / login with your DJI account Mail address and password.

The simulation of at least the mavic 2 zoom I used is not perfect though.

IMHO the controls for right: forward/backward ; sideways left/right) and left: turn left/right are far too sensitive and unrealistic.
I am trying to fix this by changing the settings but have not yet found the best values. The TPS mode switch on the RC is working! But here the tripod mode is reacting IMHO far too slow so you easily go far beyond your intended stop point.

Another thing DJI should fix is to save the selected RC and settings.

And the really useful features like the skills training (with a tutorial, hovering and route flying) are only available in the enterprise version which AFAIK costs > $1000 USD.

Finally a useful hint. The get first overview of the app you don't need to connect your RC. You can use the WASD and Enter and Backspace keys to navigate. The mouse won't work.
But if you want to "fly" you need to connect your RC as described above.

Thank you! I just joined this group to ask about the effectiveness of using the flight simulator.

What am I missing?
Hookup rc by usb cable, then can menu select using rc interface as instructed on the screen.
If win10 obstructs proper drivers, you must special startup options "allow unsigned driver installation". You'll know when drivers are proper, the device manage reveals no exclaim.
Trial version is really highpressure sales tactic.

Reactions: JAW
Windows defender gives a trojan warning then quarantines the .exe file downloaded.
Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B

It has some very hefty requirements for a PC:

It has some very hefty requirements for a PC:
View attachment 67903
Mine is free trial and runs on amd microprocessor. Freetrial has train disabled so i requested unlock of freetrial. Then can really input flight command demands. The freetrial is limited, as in tease. Make sure your rc does in fact respond on screen to navigate selections. Otherwise usb cable drivers to rc arent working.

Reactions: JAW
Does the Smart Remote works with this flight sim? I got the Mavic 2 Pro with SRC package so I do not have a regular remote. And since it is not listed on DJI site as supported, I am assuming that it will not work? :-(

With it's limitations it was/is fun, would be better if they had the right RC with the M2Z. The download took awhile, they would be wise to use mirrors in the remote locations for software and firmware but since they seem not to care about how much time their customers spend looking for awnsers or downloading I doubt caching will happen. Windows 10 + Nvidia Quadro P4000 + 16GB memory, 2 TB HD.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000