DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.4.12

melmartin

Reactions
This is a new, and I hope improved version of the Fly App for the DJI Air2S and some other DJI AC.

It's available here:

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 2-b4ab-9cf977d77309

Installed on Smart Controller with no issues, and didn't see any problems on a 15 minute flight this morning. It appears to be an official release, but hasn't yet showed up as an automatic update or on the DJI software page just yet.

FYI.. hope it fixes a few things. YMMV.

Reactions: BSauce955
This is a new, and I hope improved version of the Fly App for the DJI Air2S and some other DJI AC.

It's available here:

Installed on Smart Controller with no issues, and didn't see any problems on a 15 minute flight this morning. It appears to be an official release, but hasn't yet showed up as an automatic update or on the DJI software page just yet.

Good to know, I usually wait a while before updating though and see what other people experience.

Good to know, I usually wait a while before updating though and see what other people experience.
Yes always a good policy... I kept the drone low and pretty close by. There may be issues with this version, but no black screens or anything obvious to my eye... will do more testing later in the day.

From what I can gather it is adding livestreaming capability and video capture cache in the event of transmission loss to assist with "find my drone". Also support for iOS 15 and Android 12. I'm just hoping it adds stability back to the Android platform. I'm tired of having to reboot my tablet with my drone 300' in the air.

I might get this one done. I have a long weekend due to Mr. Columbus.

Anybody confirm it adds live streaming?

Thanks,
Robert
PS: Apparently new firmware as well.

It's available here:

Thanks for confirming my question on it's stability with the Smart Controller.

There appears to be an issue with the compass display, however the map view is fine, and RTH works. DJI will have to fix that. The menus for live streaming are there, and I saw some YouTuber did a live stream from his DJI. There is no update (as yet) for the iOS app. FYI. The Android version is an official release and now shows up on the software web page from DJI.

When you installed this version, did you uninstall the old one first or just over write the old one?

hmm ok. I wonder if you did a clean install, the compass issue would go away.
Humm...can be a good idea but till now I didn't test yet...

I'm reading all the options and now I don't know what should I do...

1)Downgrade to 1.4.4 (never had any issues)
2)1.4.8-1185
3)Or keep the new 1.4.12... but the propers and compass issue doesn't give me confidence to test it....

Reactions: chowland
Humm...can be a good idea but till now I didn't test yet...

I'm reading all the options and now I don't know what should I do...

1)Downgrade to 1.4.4 (never had any issues)
2)1.4.8-1185
3)Or keep the new 1.4.12... but the propers and compass issue doesn't give me confidence to test it....

I'm not switching yet myself, I'm staying with the 1.1.48.1185 as it works great for me.

I'll keep this version and expect an imminent upgrade. Since RTH works fine, I'm not worried about the compass, and I can switch to map view if need be.

Reactions: Dbez1
I'll keep this version and expect an imminent upgrade. Since RTH works fine, I'm not worried about the compass, and I can switch to map view if need be.
Does the map show the RC and Drone positions correctly?

Some further thoughts. Did quite a bit of still photography yesterday. I sense range has increased over previous builds. I'm not too exercised about the compass, as I switched to map view and I can easily manually fly back to my launch point. RTH works fine too. Hopefully, DJI will get a fix out for the compass mess, but 1.4.12 seems to fly and perform just fine. No black screens, no other anomalies that I could detect.

If it flies as well as 1.4.8 - but has a new flaw - why would I update? More to the point, what is new in 1.4.12 that encourages folk to update. Latest is not always greatest...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark