DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.7.4 broke my RC Pro

jjcombs13

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Due to an inadvertent tap of the 'Update' button in the middle of shooting a live event this morning, the DJI Fly 1.7.0 version on my RC Pro updated to 1.7.4. Upon trying to take off with the Mavic 3 again, the app crashed every few seconds. Tried the Air2S, same thing. No big deal, I thought I would just reinstall the app. Downloaded it from DJI, installed again, same result. No big deal, I thought I would just revert to the previous version. Went to the DJI Fly download page, clicked 'download previous version' and the link took me to a QR code for the iOS version. Cool, so I found a mirror site that had Android 1.7.0 and downloaded it. Attempted to install and got 'app not installed'. Excellent. After 45 minutes of screwing around (instead of filming the live event) I ran across a YouTube video and that finally got me up and running. Here is the fix if you are in my situation (hopefully it was just my dumb luck on my install, but I doubt it):

1. On the RC pro, click settings and then Apps (sorry the wording is not exact but I don't have it in front of me.)
2. Find the DJI Fly app. Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then 'Uninstall updates'.
3. It will ask you if you want to revert it back to factory defaults. Say Yes.
4. It will uninstall and reinstall the 1.6 version that came with the controller.
5. Now go download 1.7.0 (the latest version that actually works). This is the link I used: Download DJI Fly 1.7.0 for Android | Uptodown.com
6. Install the APK and go fly again. The Mavic 3 and the Air2S worked perfectly.

Hopefully these steps will help someone that wants to revert to a previous version of DJI Fly on the RC Pro. Maybe there is a better way, but this was the only method that actually worked for me.

I just went through this with my old Smart Controller. My app wasn't crashing but I noticed some issues with maintaining a good connection with my MA2 running 1.7.0. I decided to roll back to a version of DJI Fly (1.6.9) that I flew a lot and had no trouble. To do so I had to revert back to the original version on the SC and then upgrade to the version I wanted.

Never had a problem with an update before.

Thanks gents. I tried the old Android "clear cache" -first using the section in profile and clearing cache files, then trying the Android way in Settings, Apps. No good. I was ALMOST going to clear Data, and lose the Gallery in the Fly App, not ideal but manageable, instead chose to just Fly Mini 3 last night. You've GOT to have a backup drone, lol! About to use this method.

Why do the software folks at DJI always release a buggy app on (their) Friday, then head out for the weekend? Nevermind. I already know the answer, lol.

Just looked at the date of this thread. Weird I JUST got 1.7.4 since I check for updates every time I Fly. And I've been flying the Mavic 3 with RC Pro all week.

Reactions: jjcombs13
Current RC Pro Fly version is now 1.00.0900
=====

edit: Should be RC Pro FW version is now 03.01.0900
App Version is now 1.6.12 on the RC Pro.

Last edited:
I think the versions are
Aircraft firmware 01.00.0800
Remote Control Firmware 03.01.0900.
Yes. That was what I meant to say!
03.01.0900 is the latest RC Pro FW.
I messed up the the initial digits.
App Version on the RC Pro is 1.6.12

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics