DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App 1.6.6

Harlov

Reactions
Did an update of DJI Fly App 1.6.6 on my Android and there was the new that I could fill in the UAS Remote identification number, and also did an update on an iOS device with the new DJI Fly App 1.6.6 and there is nothing to fill in UAS Remote identification number ?? Is there a bug in the iOS Fly App?

Someone more than me who has encountered this with iOS

I saw on the news today where DJI introduced a new firmware update for Japan to comply with Japan's remote ID requirement for 20 June 2022, much earlier than the U. S. date.

Does anyone know where the DJI Fly App Release Notes are located? I would like to know exactly what DJI claims to have fixed or enhanced.

The DJI Fly App Web Site still offers only Version 1.6.4.

I've updated to 1.6.6 on both of my Devices, the Android Galaxy Tablet S2 and A8 and my Mini 2 flew without issue. The GPS came up quickly and everything seemed to work as expected....

Inquiring Minds Want to Know...

Does anyone know where the DJI Fly App Release Notes are located? I would like to know exactly what DJI claims to have fixed or enhanced.

The DJI Fly App Web Site still offers only Version 1.6.4.

I've updated to 1.6.6 on both of my Devices, the Android Galaxy Tablet S2 and A8 and my Mini 2 flew without issue. The GPS came up quickly and everything seemed to work as expected....

Inquiring Minds Want to Know...
They're shown when the update is listed on the app. But they never have any detail to speak of, just generalities unless there's something like adding compatibility with a new model drone. This time, the only note was the addition of RID for Japan.

When I first bought my Mini 2, I read the user manual front-to-back and I examined all the entries in the Fly App Menu and I seem to remember an option in the Menu for Remote ID. There was no info in the manual, and no requirement for a RID, so I did not mess with it.

In the link above, it references the RID requirements in Japan and it renewed my interest in a RID for my Mini 2, even though one would not be required since it weights under 250 Grams…

I went through my Fly App menu again and I did not find any option for a RID for my Mini 2 and was wondering if it has been removed since it's not required in the States.

You see, I'm a bit of a "trouble maker…" To use Hotspoting (tethering) on my Smartphone I chose "FBI-Surveillance-Van" as the SSID (network ID) for my Smartphone.

When I hit my favorite FREE Web Hotspots (like McDonalds, Starbucks, the Library, etc…) I turn on Hotspoting and look to see who might be monitoring for "open Networks" and every now and then, I see someone get up and quickly exit the facility, usually with their power cord still dangling behind them…

So, I was wondering if it's possible to enter a RID like "NSA-Surveillance" or some such ID on my Mini 2. I cannot imagine it would be illegal, as I am not actually impersonating an agent or such…

Yeah, I know, I've got too much time on my hands, but I'm sure you have seen all the Postings by our members who have been accosted by busy-bodies who try to "tell them the law…" about where and when they can fly a drone and it will not take long before those busy-bodies get the Smart Phone App to read RID once it's required…

bark.png

You see, I'm a bit of a "trouble maker…" To use Hotspoting (tethering) on my Smartphone I chose "FBI-Surveillance-Van" as the SSID (network ID) for my Smartphone.

When I hit my favorite FREE Web Hotspots (like McDonalds, Starbucks, the Library, etc…) I turn on Hotspoting and look to see who might be monitoring for "open Networks" and every now and then, I see someone get up and quickly exit the facility, usually with their power cord still dangling behind them…
Pretty sure everyone knows the joke after about 15-20 years of people doing that, especially among apartment buildings when you have 30+ SSID showing up available.

• Haha
Reactions: eva2000
Pretty sure everyone knows the joke after about 15-20 years of people doing that, especially among apartment buildings when you have 30+ SSID showing up available.

Yea and it is really cute until an actual hacker sees it and decides to teach the oh so hilarious trouble maker a lesson.

LOL genius hack to free up potential wifi interference :D

Pretty sure everyone knows the joke after about 15-20 years of people doing that
Some tricks never get old…

And how many years (actually how many decades?) have kids been making Crank Phone Calls asking the person answering the phone "If their refrigerator was running and then telling the person that they better go chase it before it gets away…"

And even in this day and age with smoking becoming less and less popular, are kids still making Crank Phone Calls to businesses asking if they have Prince Albert in a Can and then telling the business that they better let him out before he suffocates…

Yeah, some things never get old…

Reactions: eva2000
Some tricks never get old…

And how many years (actually how many decades?) have kids been making Crank Phone Calls asking the person answering the phone "If their refrigerator was running and then telling the person that they better go chase it before it gets away…"

And even in this day and age with smoking becoming less and less popular, are kids still making Crank Phone Calls to businesses asking if they have Prince Albert in a Can and then telling the business that they better let him out before he suffocates…

Yeah, some things never get old…
I'll go with "Things that haven't happened in over 20 years" for 500, Alex.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS