DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FLY app crashes immediately after launching if the phone is connected to internet

boblui

Reactions
A large number of reports just came up in Hong Kong. Apparently only iOS is affected. Do you guys see the same ?

Last edited:
App down on US on iPhone and iPad, worked at around 1am 5 hours ago now nope

Same issue, was trying to catch the comet. Deleted the app, reinstalled and turned on controller and drone then plugged into iPad....took 2 tries launching without internet and cellular but finally worked...

VERY frustrating considering the uniqueness of the comet at sunrise....

Same issue, was trying to catch the comet. Deleted the app, reinstalled and turned on controller and drone then plugged into iPad....took 2 tries launching without internet and cellular but finally worked...

VERY frustrating considering the uniqueness of the comet at sunrise....
Nope not for me, wants me to log in tried different ways, want online screeds to log in then automatically shuts down on both devices, no sunset for me either

The app crashes probably due to Facebook SDK (same problem as in May).

If you can control your network, block access to "graph.facebook.com" and it will work.

That's why the app runs with wifi/4g turned off

Reactions: conda
I"m struggling with the same issue. App closes down on both iPhone and iPad. I just updated the firmware and still nothing.

How is that, when I fly off grid, i have no way to sign or log in, but can fly, why does it demand log in now, the Flight screen shows up for a second or two then goes straight sign up or log in screen

I don't know much about the drone. I only managed to understand the issue with the FB SDK due to history and my occupation :D

• Haha
Reactions: sdsn00 and gb160
Nope not for me, wants me to log in tried different ways, want online screeds to log in then automatically shuts down on both devices, no sunset for me either

iOS 13.5 I did not log in.. It did take the drone on and two tries.. I might of lucked out.. I was NOT logged in FYI (plugging in the lighting cable while the Sign In Sigh Up page managed to override if for me... while controller was connected on to my MV2P..

The short term fix is to put your phone in Airplane mode, works fine then (but no live maps)

iOS 13.5 I did not log in.. It did take the drone on and two tries.. I might of lucked out.. I was NOT logged in FYI (plugging in the lighting cable while the Sign In Sigh Up page managed to override if for me... while controller was connected on to my MV2P..
Thinking you got lucky tried a couple times, thanks for advice, headed to Rocky mountains in a coupled days then to Moab, this is quite disconcerting, thinking about last minute switch to Litchy, ****** to learn in a couple of hours, but been flying since Phantom 1.

Fly app crashes repeatedly on iPhone and iPad. Still crashes with airplane mode off. Works with internet off. Crazy.

The app crashes probably due to Facebook SDK (same problem as in May).

If you can control your network, block access to "graph.facebook.com" and it will work.

That's why the app runs with wifi/4g turned off

that worked for me! Thanks

Thinking you got lucky tried a couple times, thanks for advice, headed to Rocky mountains in a coupled days then to Moab, this is quite disconcerting, thinking about last minute switch to Litchy, ****** to learn in a couple of hours, but been flying since Phantom 1.

I’m out of my one year warranty as of the beginning of the month, and this might be something to seriously think about with all the scrutiny over apps based out of China... I’m not familiar with the pros cons of it. Hope you are able to get some great flying in!

Reactions: sdsn00
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS