DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI fly app crashing during flight w/MA2

wilmutiny3

Reactions
Yesterday I was flying my MA2 (3rd official flight after upgrading from MM) and twice during flight the DJI app crashed. I was using my iPhone 11 phone. I was able to click on the app again and immediately start right back where I left off, drone still connected and flying. This was during free flight, not any automated functions. That's never happened before, but it happened twice on two separate flights within about 15min of each other. Any tips or suggestions? My app says I need to bind to my remote, but gives me an error code saying I need to update firmware first. I try to update the firmware and it says it's up to date. Is this an issue with the drone, the app, or the phone?? Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

Use the Assistant 2 to make sure your up to date on the drone, the controller and the batteries.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on the Water.
Ok I’ll give that a try. I’m also having an issue with downloading footage. I shot some 4K slow mo videos and when I click the download button on the clip it takes forever to complete and then just doesn’t show up anywhere on the app or my phone. It shows not downloaded on the clip and the process has to be repeated with the same results. Frustrating!

Ok I’ll give that a try. I’m also having an issue with downloading footage. I shot some 4K slow mo videos and when I click the download button on the clip it takes forever to complete and then just doesn’t show up anywhere on the app or my phone. It shows not downloaded on the clip and the process has to be repeated with the same results. Frustrating!
Some things are fighting a loosing battle and that is one of them - No Phone editing for us we just SD card and into the Computer. 4K footage is demanding let alone Slow Motion , UGH

Reactions: wilmutiny3
Concur the above, Apple just doesn't like transferring files with DJI lately it seems. Best to cut to the quick and load directly to device from a SD and cut out the middle man.

Out of interest how do you shoot a 4K "slow mo"? You would need a faster frame rate than is available or slow down in post.

Concur the above, Apple just doesn't like transferring files with DJI lately it seems. Best to cut to the quick and load directly to device from a SD and cut out the middle man.

Out of interest how do you shoot a 4K "slow mo"? You would need a faster frame rate than is available or slow down in post.
The MA2 has a slomo setting with 60fps and after reviewing the footage it is SLOW!! Looks amazing.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627