DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App Glitch with Drone Orientation Icon

starhopper

Reactions
I flew my Mavic Mini for the first time today - however, it's not my first Mavic. I have a Mavic Pro and a Spark, so I am very familiar with DJI apps. When flying, the "Aircraft Orientation" icon on DJI Fly slowly blinks red and states "No GPS connection". However, the GPS icon in the top right of the app shows 12 satellites. I was able to fly more than 6000ft distance, at a height of 300 ft, and RTH worked great - so I KNOW I have GPS! So, why then, is the "Aircraft Orientation" Icon blinking red and showing no GPS connection? I have the latest firmware updates.GOFLY.jpg

Note that the orientation indicator needs your remote's coordinates and heading as much as the AC's. The RC location is provided by the mobile device.

Android settings would also have app permissions. That's usually asked for on install or launch though.

I thought it was best to turn off phone data while flying . Is it best to keep this on then ?

Sorry to jump in on an old discussion, but this is happening to me with my Mavic Air 2, and I checked my iOS permissions, it was set to use location “While using the app.” Should I change it to “Always”?

EDIT: Got to herefrom Google, and didn’t realize this was the Mini group... I apologize...

Reactions: MORTON
My orientation icon does not display at all and all settings are to allow on both my iPhone and within the fly app. Any thoughts? Same situation as @kenjancef I have an MA2 and didn’t realize this was a mini discussion sorry!!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme