DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji fly app - how to disable live video - phone running hot

fche

Reactions
New Mini owner here. I find 10-15 mins of flying later, my android device gets very warm. It's as though the dji fly app requires a lot of CPU. Can that be reduced?

I wouldn't mind reducing the incoming video resolution, or frame rate, or even hide it (and just see telemetry data), but I couldn't find such an option in the app.

New Mini owner here. I find 10-15 mins of flying later, my android device gets very warm. It's as though the dji fly app requires a lot of CPU. Can that be reduced?

I wouldn't mind reducing the incoming video resolution, or frame rate, or even hide it (and just see telemetry data), but I couldn't find such an option in the app.
welcome to the forum ,yes the app does use a lot of cpu to run it ,couple of things you can do, stop the cache to device in the app so it does not store vids and pics on the device, just on the SD card in the drone,and disable any apps that may be running in the background, or even delete them if you do not require them any more, as far as the app display is concerned you can lower the brightness of the display a little and use a sun shade to help with seeing the screen

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405