DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app issue: Mapbox no longer swapping w/camera view?

wjkrysak

lifetime forum member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I own both MM and MA2 and recently noticed that I am unable to "enlarge' the map (mapbox) to swap with the camera view. I can enlarge from an icon to a small map, but it ends there. I have reloaded app and tested on both aircraft. Anyone else have this issue or solution? I call myself searching threads, etc. But unable to find solution.
I learned that I have come to depend on this map. It may be an inadvert change that I made, but would like to get it back :) Thanks in advance for any feedback. BTW: Using the same phone, Note 8

Last edited:
I see on the DJI forum, that this is an issue with a few others. It seems to affect Android. Would like to see this restored. DJI?

So for now, how to downgrade to the latest version that still allows the map to go fullscreen?? I have found this very helpful and want that feature back!

Yes, I miss that feature. I am in contact with DJI about it and waaiiitng for reply. I am also considering downgrade, if not resolved. There are a couple of threads that may help with your downgrade.

I recieved this response to my inquiry in the DJI forum. Appears they are aware of the issue.

DJI Mindy, Administrator:
"Hi djicheaha, we appreciate your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused, we've been aware of this and will get it optimized via the future APP upgrade, thanks for your patience...."
Now the waiting game. Thanks to all that responded with assistance.

Exact same issue here.
Mavic Mini (All firmware updated)
DJI FLY APP (latest update, reinstalled trying to solve issue to no avail)
Phone: LG G7 ThinQ (Top Spec Flagship). Andrioid 9.xx (Nearly latest OS)
Tablet: 2018 iPad 9.7" (Maps WORKS on this device)

In the DJI Fly App, the small map appears, I tap it and it opens to a slightly larger size. However, once I do that, the map is locked up. No input from myself does anything. I can't expand it fullscreen, I can't shrink back to small size. Nothing. I am forced to exit the main Splash screen and go back into "Go Fly", just to get it return to small size again.

Now, on my iOS version of DJI FLY App.. the maps work perfect. However, the label "MapBox" is not present on the iOS version of the App, just the Android version.. which does not work.

I've reinstalled the App a few times. I really do not want to rollback the App to a previous version if I don't have to. I'm.. like most here likely.. a tech guy.. so I'm pretty sure it's nothing I've got wrong on my end.

Anyone figured this out yet?

Reactions: wjkrysak
I have made multiple attempts, (ie. uninstall/reinstalls from phone, PC, adk. I have a thread on the DJI forum. Might help to weigh in so they know this is a bigger issue. DJI did reach out to me and confirmed the issue is with the firmware update. I fly with a Samsung Note 8 (64 bit, Android 9) with no issues prior to the update. I did check it with IOS, no issue.
I am not comfortable flying my MA2 or MM with this and other issues with the latest firmware. We wait. Look for the update when you see it coming. Hope they get this resolved soon. In the meantime I will fly my reliable MA.

This is still an issue for those flying with Android. The lack of map/swap with camera view feature is a critical safety concern. It is hopeful that DJI will address this soon in the the next DJI Fly firmware update. If your MM or MA2 gets out of VLOS, you are guesing where it is, without a map. No good. Be safe.

That is great news. Not in my play store, yet. Will search around. This will be a big fix for me. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Managed to update to 1.4 on my Note 8. Map swap with camera view issue is resolved for me. Flew two batteries with no concerns.

Can someone link me with a the newest DJI Fly app version(1.1.4?)? Obviously the app store doesn't have it, I went onto dji's website and downloaded their DJI fly app APK, installed it, and it was still the 1.1.2... and still sans maps

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada