DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FLY APP ISSUE

Reactions
Just noticed while buzzing the neighbourhood that the fly app is not showing speed ... tried switching between mph and kmh and still the app reads zero mph, forward or backwards. Tried switching modes - normal, tripod and sport, nothing. Landed, checked firmware - deleted the app, reinstalled and the same thing, no speed being shown on the app.
Any ideas ? Thanks.

Just an update -- went out today -- and the app is still having the same problem. It shows in the bottom left where the read out is but it does not show the speed of the drone while in flight.

Just an update -- went out today -- and the app is still having the same problem. It shows in the bottom left where the read out is but it does not show the speed of the drone while in flight.
Do you have good GPS coverage (as it uses this to calculate speed)?

Reactions: 000
Do you have good GPS coverage (as it uses this to calculate speed)?
Hello @maelstrom - yes, I had 14 satellites the first flight and the next day I had 13, so gps was good. -- everything works fine just the speed not showing. Stays at zero mph. -- I have the Maven app and I checked the speed there - it showed my mph no problem at all. So its just within the fly app.

I wonder what is causing this ?? It is still happening. It doesnt interfere with anything so why should I care ?
Its a bug.

I wonder what is causing this ?? It is still happening. It doesnt interfere with anything so why should I care ?
Its a
What device are you using ?

What device are you using ?
Ipad Mini 5 - like I said before, everything runs and works perfectly. Just my speed is always at zero mph on the dji app. When I use Maven, my speed is accurate. Dont know why this is happening or whats causing it --

Have you tried uninstalling the app rebooting the phone
Ipad Mini 5 - like I said before, everything runs and works perfectly. Just my speed is always at zero mph on the dji app. When I use Maven, my speed is accurate. Dont know why this is happening or whats causing it --
how strange i use the same ,uninstall the app ,restart the ipad and then install the fly app again.

Have you tried uninstalling the app rebooting the phone

how strange i use the same ,uninstall the app ,restart the ipad and then install the fly app again.
Just tried your idea and still the same issue, -- im not going to worry about it -- just not like the idea of a unknown bug in my system. -- Thanks for your help.

Just tried your idea and still the same issue, -- im not going to worry about it -- just not like the idea of a unknown bug in my system. -- Thanks for your help.
Very strange. Have you got full gps lock and how many satellites

Do you know its only been like that since the latest 1.3.1

I noticed it on the 15th - not 100% sure if it was before the update but, I dont think so.
I wonder if you could find an earlier build of the app to try

How strange things are --- Got a few minutes break from the wind yesterday and my issue is no longer happening. Didnt do anything, no updates, didnt restart anything, didnt delete and reinstall anything and after 4 days of having this issue - its simply gone. Everything works as it should do. -- Weird

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest