DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI fly app 'not installed'

Grazuncle

Reactions
I'm about to order the Mini 2 and thought I'd put the Fly app on in advance.. It's not on play store (android) so downloaded it from the DJI site...
I went through the routine and it asked to install.. after a few seconds it just said 'not installed'.. I'm wondering about my future purchase now .. doing the right thing?.. I am right in thinking .. No App = no flying?
I have an Oukitel C15 Pro. android 9 OS

New phone required..? what is classed as entry level/cheapest that would work.

I did try and install it on my Acer Iconia TAB 10 and it did install at least but i won't be able to use that with it.. (won't fit the phone bracket will it?)

It's a shame that I'm stuck now.. i pushed my budget for the Fly more combo price and may have to shell out more?

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jam0ne
I'm about to order the Mini 2 and thought I'd put the Fly app on in advance.. It's not on play store (android) so downloaded it from the DJI site...
I went through the routine and it asked to install.. after a few seconds it just said 'not installed'.. I'm wondering about my future purchase now .. doing the right thing?.. I am right in thinking .. No App = no flying?

I did try and install it on my Acer Iconia TAB 10 and it did install at least but i won't be able to use that with it.. (won't fit the phone bracket will it?)

It's a shame that I'm stuck now.. i pushed my budget for the Fly more combo price and may have to shell out more?

Your thoughts?
I use an 8" tablet and had to get an extender, works perfect but as you got a 10" tablet just check this out on ebay, it might fit yours, look at the size they say and check yours

I use an 8" tablet and had to get an extender, works perfect but as you got a 10" tablet just check this out on ebay, it might fit yours, look at the size they say and check yours

Thanks for that teccer!

is that number a link.... ?

PS I just found an old Samsung galaxy tab 2 I'd forgotten about.. it is rooted but worth a go..

Doh! just realised it has the Samsung connector .. non standard.. Oh well

Ps... What tablet are you using please?
yes it is a link on ebay, just type it in and it shows the extender, I'm using a samsung tab A 8" 2019, that has the samsung connector but with the mini 2 they supply a cable to fit, it does fit the tablet but if you have a 10" tab you will have to get a longer cable.
my tab does not have a compass in but that's no problem I can still see where the drone is by looking at the map bottom left so I can still point the antenns directly towards it.
ray

your number worked when doing the advanced search. .thanks:)

I don't know how i'd get on with such a weight on the controller though... you 8 inch tablet is probably a lot lighter...

I'm shocked that the compatibility is relatively narrow or take the risk it will work? I nearly pressed buy button yesterday because the Mini seemed perfect and now it's on hold

I could drop the fly more combo model and buy a device but didn't anticipate doing this

your number worked when doing the advanced search. .thanks:)

I don't know how i'd get on with such a weight on the controller though... you 8 inch tablet is probably a lot lighter...

I'm shocked that the compatibility is relatively narrow or take the risk it will work? I nearly pressed buy button yesterday because the Mini seemed perfect and now it's on hold

I could drop the fly more combo model and buy a device but didn't anticipate doing this
think I paid £109, for my tablet it's a shame as I already had a Nividia shield K1 that I'd been using for my P3P as I had an HDMI socket on it for my headplay goggles but it won't work with dji fly app,
that's life I suppose.

I just looked up a YT video and apperntly FLY app needs Android 7 up, ARM cpu and has to be 64bit processor..

Although the app installed on my Acer, it has a Mediatek CPU :(

So.. unlikely..

I have never had an iPhone but they do seem to be supported more by this app?

Last edited:
Reactions: dawgpilot
I have never had an iPhone but they do seem to be supported more by this app?
yes but you do have to pay extra for the name,, my samsung A 8 has a quad core CPU and only 2gb RAM but it works ok, and it's on the list below

Last edited:
think I paid £109, for my tablet it's a shame as I already had a Nividia shield K1 that I'd been using for my P3P as I had an HDMI socket on it for my headplay goggles but it won't work with dji fly app,
that's life I suppose.

have you seen this list of tablets for dji fly?
Thanks for the link..Thumbswayup

I saw a Redmi note 5 for £60... it is on the list as approved in you link... (doesn't seem to be an ARM CPU... though.. perhaps you can't trust all Internet info.. LOL)

I didn't really want to put any more money towards an extra device.. I already pushed the boat out to reach the fly more combo and then this surprise:rolleyes:

Last edited:
progress...

I ordered a used Redmi 5 Note (pro)..
I was not really concerned about using it as a phone.. just a screen that was compatible with the controller... well it looks brand new!

downloaded the DJI Fly app and it installed, opened up and searched for a device/controller!

Shouldn't be surprised really as it is on DJI's list of tested devices... I ordered the Mini 2 and just waiting on it now to test the connection.

This might help someone else.. either way ....

I'm pleased to report that the Redmi Note 5 Pro worked faultlessly with the Mini 2 that arrived an hour ago.

It's rather windy outdoors and I was careful to keep it low in the back garden but it was surprisingly stable. I thought I'd pass the stick up for a little height..OMG! It's like a rocket...pressed RTH immediately.. Frightened the life out of me..

Newbies eh... Watching more YT tutorials now whilst charging everything up properly.

I'm pleased however.. Glad I went for the combo.

Your thoughts?
The LG STYLO 5. is the cats meow! 98$ Walmart. I flew mine 1.5 miles to the Tennessee/Kentucky line. No snags no problems, just rite

What's the compass used for, in relation to flying the drone?
It tells you your orientation to the drone. In case you lose VLOS it can help a lot. Youtube has many videos on it.
Here is one I just found that explains it a little better than most. It's the little arrow on on the blue dot of where the controller is. When you turn you can see if you're facing your drone or not. You'll see as he turns his body around.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty