DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app not installed

BrianA

Reactions
I have a Mini 2 on the way and have been trying to install the DJI fly app on my phone. Looks like it's installing and then, for whatever reason, I get the message "app not installed". Doesn't say why, how to reinstall, or anything. Do I have to buy a new phone? My current phone is Android 8.1 and SHOULD work according to DJI website. Any help would be appreciated. I want to start flying as soon as my M2 arrives.

Hi Brian. You can download it from dji.com. Mini 2 downloads
That's where I'm trying to download it from. I can download no problem. When I go to install it on my phone, it looks to be working and then stops and says "app not installed" No explanation.

Reactions: Gallego1
Sounds like it's just not compatible. What phone is it?

What I can see is it's not a 64 bit OS. GSM arena says it's got 1.5GB of ram. The lowest 64 bit OS I've seen (and I have) is 3GB. You would have to upgrade your phone or get a tablet that is compatible with the fly app.

Last edited:
There should be a setting in your phone to allow you to run apps that are not from the App Store. I no longer have a samsung phone, so can't tell you exactly how to get there.

I have a Mini 2 on the way and have been trying to install the DJI fly app on my phone. Looks like it's installing and then, for whatever reason, I get the message "app not installed". Doesn't say why, how to reinstall, or anything. Do I have to buy a new phone? My current phone is Android 8.1 and SHOULD work according to DJI website. Any help would be appreciated. I want to start flying as soon as my M2 arrives.
@BrianA : Hi, BrianA. Even if you've got above Android 6.0 as it mentionned on DJI Website, you need to have a 64bits cellular phone (64Bits has got >3GB memory RAM). Yours = 1.5GB (thx to Tufargon & I get the infos here).

To check if your cell phone is ok for 64Bits, go to GOOGLE PLAY & downl AIDA64.
Open the App & check in CPU Menu.

On Android devices you need to go your l to your settings -> apps -> special access and turn on the install from unknown sources option.

As stated above, it looks like although the phone has a 64bit capable SOC, it has a 32bit version of Android installed. Without a 64bit operating system, there’s no way the phone will run DJI Fly.

Hi Brian,

I just bought a mini 2 and had the same issue. I sorted it out by
-going to my files in the samsung folder
-go right to the bottom and there might be an "analyse storage" button
-tap on the DJI file under the large files
-then you change the settings to trust this app.

The file would have originally downloaded but your phone didn't trust the file so it wouldn't open and install it.

Hope I helped.

Hi Brian,

I just bought a mini 2 and had the same issue. I sorted it out by
-going to my files in the samsung folder
-go right to the bottom and there might be an "analyse storage" button
-tap on the DJI file under the large files
-then you change the settings to trust this app.

The file would have originally downloaded but your phone didn't trust the file so it wouldn't open and install it.

Hope I helped.
I appreciate the info. However, this wasn't my issue. I found out that my phone is only a 32 bit OS and the DJI Fly app requires a 64 bit OS. The same issue with an older android tablet. I have since bought a newer tablet and installed the software with no issues. I like the bigger screen using a tablet anyway, so all is good.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu