DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App -- Older Phones Supported by Older Versions?

jclarkw

Reactions
I just noticed that DJI has dropped many phones (e.g., iPhone 6 and LG G2) from from its current DJI-Fly-compatible list, relative to one I copied a couple of years ago.

I'm shopping for an older, used, cell phone just for running the app in order to save money, but first I need to know whether there is some earlier version of the app that will be compatible with it. (I already learned from this site how to download these earlier versions online, though not from the DJI site of course.) I did not save all the earlier versions of their compatible list, not realizing until now that they would be dropping phones.

Is it just that the current version of the Fly app is no longer compatible with phones that used to be on the list? In that case, how do I find the most recent version is compatible with these earlier phones?

I know from experience that I won't get a useful response from DJI, so I'm hoping somebody here has solved this problem. -- jclarkw

While searching for answers to problems with the Fly app for iOS with my air 2, I happened to find a link to an old Fly app for iOS. It’s on the DJI download site, under Air 2 , there’s a big splash section on top of page for the Fly App. Under the section for Fly App for iOS there’s a link to Compatable Devices. You will get a pop up box with all the newest Apple devices (ending with iPhone 8). At the bottom there’s a line with “older devices or download”.
If you select older devices you get to a download page for Fly for iOS v1.1.10. (the first version I think)
I didn’t download it since on my cell phone with Fly already installed so don’t know what format its in or what it might do to installed version.

I’m wondering if DJI may put several later versions on this download page for the iOS devices dropped from compatible list on the current Fly version. In my case I was having very few problems or major complaints with the Fly app a couple version ago (last fall) and would like to use that on my iPad mini 4 instead of this bloated, processor hog buggy version 1.5.x.

Hope this might help those with iPhone6 or iPad mini 4 looking for older versions of Fly.
dp

This site has a big list of phones and tablets that are compatible.
Look for the blue dot on the left side.

My understanding is that for Android, the DJI Fly app requires a phone/tablet with a 64 bit version of Android.
It's kind of hard to find details of what version of Android is running, so really, just look for phones/tablets with 6GB of RAM or more. The 32 bit version of Android can't use more than 4GB.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser