DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App Question - Arrow Icon

sns1227

Reactions
Can someone tell me what the green arrow seen in the attached screenshot represents? At times the white bars surrounding the arrow will flash green. Is it a representation of how the lights on the drone are flashing? Does it indicate if obstacle avoidance is on or not? Any help is much appreciated. I cant find any documentation on this icon. ThanksIMG-20201116-WA0000.jpg

SNS, that is the obstacle avoidance system. When you see it like it's shown it means it is active, if you put your controller in sport mode it will show that is unavailable and turn red with a line across. In normal mode if you press the icon it will disable the sideways and only front and back will be active. I don't think you can turn it off during tripod mode (at least not through the app).

Thanks - So when the white bars surrounding the arrow are blinking green, it is indicating that OA is active, correct? Also, I know that in some video modes the OA does not work, I'm trying to determine if the arrow icon will tell me if I have no OA based on video mode, etc. Will it always be red if there is no OA?

Last edited:
Thanks - So when the white bars surrounding the arrow are blinking green, it is indicating that OA is active, correct? Also, I know that in some video modes the OA does not work, I'm trying to determine if the arrow icon will tell me if I have no OA based on video mode, etc. Will it always be red if there is no OA?
SNS, maybe this graphic representation will help. Maybe someone with more experience will be able to explain better.?.

Safety Icon.JPG

Reactions: Pautna
I guess "normal" OA is the equivalent of APAS, since there's a "brake/hover only" mode.

In MA1/M2 OA referred only to sensing obstacles whereas turning APAS on/off determined what the AC would do if an obstacle was detected: stop or maneuver around/over it.

Reactions: Jay241
The graphic helps. My only question now is what does it mean if green and flashing. Thanks again - SNS
Hi SNS, that is where I come to an end. I did try to find the meaning of the flashing but can't find nothing. I think this little icon can be very confusing (especially for someone new like me) and I am surprised they don't mentioned (at least I haven't seen it) in the manual. If you find something let me know as now I am curious. :)

Hi SNS, that is where I come to an end. I did try to find the meaning of the flashing but can't find nothing. I think this little icon can be very confusing (especially for someone new like me) and I am surprised they don't mentioned (at least I haven't seen it) in the manual. If you find something let me know as now I am curious. :)
That icon is newer than the manual.... ;)

Reactions: DonDayan
It wouldn't happen to be an indication of a detected obstacle, would it? In Go4, a radar like band is shown at the top or bottom of the screen when an obstacle is detected in front or back of the AC.

Where did you find the info on the Safety Assistance Indicator?
I think it is quite amazing that Dji does not document these things as they become availible.

I think it is quite amazing that Dji does not document these things as they become availible.
Get used to it! And welcome to the forum.... the font of all knowledge not published by DJI!

Reactions: MA2 317
Watch Ian and see if he answers your question. I believe what you're looking for starts at the 1:59 mark.

Means no safety assistance at that time. Typically due to flight mode or recording during flight, etc.
Oh ok. What do you mean by flight mode as I have that in n. It has only just started doing this. Could it be if I am flying when it's a bit dark? Maybe the sensors cant be used at a certain light?
I don't know I would love your help.

Means no safety assistance at that time. Typically due to flight mode or recording during flight, etc.
Oh ok. What do you mean by flight mode as I have that in n. It has only just started doing this. Could it be if I am flying when it's a bit dark? Maybe the sensors cant be used at a certain light?
I don't know I would love your help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803