DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App Questions

hchen

Reactions
I have two questions regarding to the color of the indicators Screenshot 2021-02-22 192648.png.
1. For the battery indicator (left icon), what it means when the color changes to orange? On my RC, it changes to orange only when the battery lower to about 25% left. However, I saw the orange with 44% battery left on youtube, such as the screen capture above.
2. For the connection indicator (middle icon), what it means when the color changes to orange? I thought it indicates the connection signal is weak. I saw it change to orange when I flew about 2700ft. I was scared to fly further, and immediately flew back home. However, all "Calculated Signal" in the whole flight were 100% green after I uploaded the flight data to airdata.com. Did I misunderstood the orange color?

Hello Hchen:

Not sure about the connection indicator colors, but the battery indicator colors depend on the distance to the drone and the systems estimates of the drones ability to return to the home point. If your're flying small circles around the home point the green may remain way down towards 20% or so. If you're flying 4 miles out (hypothetically) the green may go to orange at 50%. I'm not sure about the red, but I think it is the same - dependent on conditions.

Howard

Hello Hchen:

Not sure about the connection indicator colors, but the battery indicator colors depend on the distance to the drone and the systems estimates of the drones ability to return to the home point. If your're flying small circles around the home point the green may remain way down towards 20% or so. If you're flying 4 miles out (hypothetically) the green may go to orange at 50%. I'm not sure about the red, but I think it is the same - dependent on conditions.

Howard
HI guys, here's what it indicates. DJI has used this in all 3 of there apps, DJI Go, DJI Go 4, and DJI Fly. In the fly app it means the same. The counter to the right in the fly apps indicates the amount of battery time left to get home safely. The colored indicator is basically a graphic indicator of the same but is not described in the fly app documentation as it is in their other two apps. Only diff, is what appears to be orange is a yellowish orange in DJI Go and Go 4.

Hope this helps

Happy and safe flying!

inno

Attachments

• dji go 4 app.PNG
    dji go 4 app.PNG
    50.2 KB · Views: 27
  • dji go app.PNG
    dji go app.PNG
    58 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: MA2 317
Thanks for the information of the battery indicator!
Interesting, no one know the color of the signal strength indicator so far! DJI should do better.

I've also noticed Airdata showing my signal at 100% even though I had the orange indicator due to flying at a distance. Based on my experience, I don't trust Airdata's report of 100% on this metric.

I have two questions regarding to the color of the indicators View attachment 124398.
1. For the battery indicator (left icon), what it means when the color changes to orange? On my RC, it changes to orange only when the battery lower to about 25% left. However, I saw the orange with 44% battery left on youtube, such as the screen capture above.
2. For the connection indicator (middle icon), what it means when the color changes to orange? I thought it indicates the connection signal is weak. I saw it change to orange when I flew about 2700ft. I was scared to fly further, and immediately flew back home. However, all "Calculated Signal" in the whole flight were 100% green after I uploaded the flight data to airdata.com. Did I misunderstood the orange color?
the green on the battery level means good/high, the orange means middle, still ok, and the red means land as soon as possible. I don't know why it would change when going back to the flight records, for it records the screen route in the background? The green for the middle icon it good signal, orange is your a little weak, and red it about to loose signal or you have lost signal. The satellites on the far right.Red - wait, white/green, good. would have at least 9 or 10 before taking off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3