Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app update – Download version 1.4.4 today

MavicPilots News

Staff Member
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
DJI just updated the DJI Fly app to version 1.4.4. This new version does not seem to bring any new features other than it “fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.”

DJI Fly app update – Version 1.4.4​

DJI regularly updates the DJI Fly app. In one of their more recent updates for instance the drone maker added new options for the function buttons. The most recent update of the new app is less than 24 hours old. This time however no new features have been added to the app.

On the website, DJI says that version 1.4.4 “Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.”

The DJI Fly app works with the DJI Mavic Air 2, Air 2S, the DJI Mavic Mini, DJI Mini 2, and the DJI FPV.

You can download the app at the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.

Continue reading...

Since there no real improvements to the current App it makes little sense to upgrade - More than likely, the update is looking at the pilot, his locations and habits for ad use than the machine itself!

Fly Safe - Mike

• Haha
Reactions: projectarjun
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a security upgrade to prevent hacking, like NoLimitDrones does. If you ever look at NoLimitDrones, the more updated the firmware is, the harder it becomes to hack and remove or alter the limitations DJI has put in place.

Reactions: PURSUER01
Thanks for sharing!

So...we should delete old app and reinstall?.....I flew yesterday and did not get any notice of updates
No, the update will install over the existing version on your device. No need to uninstall first.

Reactions: projectarjun
It came up on my phone today and finished installing. Haven't flown with it yet.

No, the update will install over the existing version on your device. No need to uninstall first.
It was quite windy here today, but I planned on going out tomorrow, so I set everything up and took a look....did the update and then went to try to drain down the batteries a bit so I could get them to a point for recharging..it is dark and raining outside ...so I was going to just run the motors on the ground for a few minutes....but the props won't kick in when pulling the sticks into position...I touched the button on the screen for Auto take off..and the other button appeared...but being inside I did not want to take off...I had unlocked the restriction because of no sats found.....did I do something wrong?....is there a way to bring all settings back to default?....

Whatever it was ....straightened itself out...I flew without problems today...got a video...but not very good...and too long for posting here

Any more feedback on this app version?

As always, DJI is very cryptic about what its updates are all about ? :rolleyes: ?

Any more feedback on this app version?

As always, DJI is very cryptic about what its updates are all about ? :rolleyes: ?
I've done about 12 hours and 70 km on ver. 1.4.0 with my Mini without a single app crash, updated to 1.4.2, had an app crash first flight, and went back to 1.4.0 after the second app crash. Few days later ver. 1.4.4 appeared, installed it and had a mid-flight app crash on first flight. Needless to say, I'm back to ver. 1.4.0 and plan to stay there. Using Redmi Note 8 phone as suggested by DJI.

Last edited:
DJI's busy it seems, clicking on their official Fly app download link for Android that states ver. 1.4.2 will now download ver. 1.4.8 already. They now seem to 'update' their Fly app faster than they can maintain their website :) None of the previous two 'updates' worked on my Redmi Note 8, just maybe they got it right this time around...?

DJI's busy it seems, clicking on their official Fly app download link for Android that states ver. 1.4.2 will now download ver. 1.4.8 already. They now seem to 'update' their Fly app faster than they can maintain their website :) None of the previous two 'updates' worked on my Redmi Note 8, just maybe they got it right this time around...?
While I don't fly anything (Yet) with the Fly App, I am glad that their engineers are hammering out that App. IMHO they need a bigger hammer :p Good to see they are constantly looking at it for either bugs or improvements and that speaks volumes for their products.

I downloaded the 1.4.8 last night - there's a YouTube video by Air Photography about the update. Mainly, it adds support for the new Mini SE. It updates the exposure compensation. Instead of a slide bar to set the EC, It now has a display with the actual numbers in it. Range from -3.0 to +3.0. I haven't flown with it yet - maybe this weekend.

So is there an official, legitimate answer to why DJI Fly's still not on Google's Play Store?

Because this is very suspicious and this question seems to be getting dodged on the official DJI forum.

Grateful for this thread.

Have any of you had continued app crash problems on the note 20 Ultra?

I have a note 20 ultra and the Air 2s.

My fly app freezes the altitude and distance numbers, freezes the battery meter and time of flight left, freezes the compass (while it appears to be spinning, the relative position of home, the controller, and the aircraft do not change) the settings lock out, it puts itself into FPV mode, disables sideways flight, and frequently asks for firmware updates when I have no data signal while confirming I'm up to date whenever I'm connected to wifi or data, and on occasion the app closes itself.
Unless the app crashes and closes on it's own, with all other issues listed, I have to force close the app and restart it... Which gets me about 90 seconds of food flight before it happens again.

I've had several tickets open with customer care. The problem began after I used my first care refresh replacement. It started on the first flight with the replacement drone. I opened a ticket immediately. A week later, an error in the app caused me to have a minor crash that seemed to interfere with the gps. The support center asked me to send it in... Then they charged me $110 to fix it. I didn't use my care refresh on that occasion. I opted to pay for the repair.. then, they sent me a different drone. ?
third drone (second replacement), same issues.

I've sent videos. I've sent photos. I've pleaded with them.. their response...

"The altitude and distance are an approximation.

Uninstall and reinstall the app.

Send the drone in again. (Presumably so they can make more money from me to fix a bug in their programming.)

Get a new smart phone."

The last suggestion to get a new smartphone really boiled my blood.

Let me know your experience.

Thank you

UPDATE: I COULDN'T FIND THE LINK FOR V 1.4.4 (apkmirror download for 1.4.4 did not work, I installed it fine and yet the app then would not open at all) TO GO BACK TO THAT VERSION.. I STILL HAD 1.4.0 IN MY DOWNLOAD FILEs on my Galaxy Note 20 ultra, so I went back to that version
It opens and I'm logged in.. it's rainy here in the U.P. now, so I'll let y'all know what's up this evening.. supposed to be sunny later this afternoon. ✌️?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest