DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FLY APP UPDATE 1.4.12 ANDROID - HOW TO INSTALL | DJI MAVIC MINI 2 / MAVIC AIR

Have a look on the Dji forum to see a video made by member JJB to see what problems he enountered using 1.4.12 Horrendous results on compass indications.

Ya ever since I installed the update it has not stopped raining here. Think I will go back to the older version as it just brought sunshine :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Prop Wash
Many/most phones have problems just running the Fly app alone before crashing, overheating or getting a blank screen. Wonder what the added load of live streaming will do!

Reactions: Hiwayman
I'm staying at version 1.4.8 (1185) BETA.
I have had problems with 1.4.8 (1120) but have solved it with this Beta.
now i fly and no problem and the app works fine for me with android and samsung A7 2018

Reactions: PAW
does not work in compass blue dot and correct position

Attachments

• 1.4.12.jpg
    1.4.12.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 22
DJI Technical Support replied to me about the Compass issue on version 1.4.12

Thanks for sharing with us the link.

However, there's no information received from our Engineers about the concern you reported but no worries, we'll forward it to them for further checking.

Thank you for understanding.
Stay safe.
Best Regards,
Antonette
DJI Customer Support

Reactions: jay2020
DJI Technical Support replied to me about the Compass issue on version 1.4.12

Thanks for sharing with us the link.

However, there's no information received from our Engineers about the concern you reported but no worries, we'll forward it to them for further checking.

Thank you for understanding.
Stay safe.
Best Regards,
Antonette
DJI Customer Support
Thank you! Same issue here for me on the Mavic Air 2 with SC today. I was able to click on the map and see my flight lines but the compass was not working. I never really used the mapping tool before, just the compass, so I guess I learned something new because of this.

Thank you! Same issue here for me on the Mavic Air 2 with SC today. I was able to click on the map and see my flight lines but the compass was not working. I never really used the mapping tool before, just the compass, so I guess I learned something new because of this.

Sharing my experience here with my MA2. I am using a Samsung A51 android phone.

I updated to version 1.4.12. I did this through the DJI download page. There were no A/C firmware update prompts. I flew the MA2 and everything was fine except that the compass reading of the A/C relative to the controller was wonky.

After 4 days, I received a prompt on my DJI Fly app to update to 1.4.12. I thought this was strange as I already did so and my app version was already 1.4.12 but what the heck. It also prompted me to do an A/C firmware update. I did both.

I then flew the MA2, checked the compass, and the compass was already accurate. Position of the A/C relative to the controller (blue dot) was spot on. So far so good. I did not experience any other problems in flight with this new app version. Thumbswayup :)

When I checked my Data Flight Center, I noticed that the MA2 automatically took a picture of the area in front of the drone while it was landing. I just found this out when I checked my records and wondered why there was a pic when I did not take one. Is this function also enabled if the drone is crashing and for so long as there is no power loss?

I really think it's a safety feature the most, that of taking pictures automatically.

Yeah, anyone seen details on what this means?

It means you can stream your drone's video feed while flying to youtube, facebook, etc.

Reactions: ckoerner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S