DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app updated to 1.9.0

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I just got word from DJI that DJI Fly was just updated. One of the issues that I ran into was that they omitted "allow upward gimbal rotation".
I quickly plugged in my iPad and started up everything and once again we can switch on the upward gimbal rotation.

When I was in contact with the DJI rep I noted that often they change the terminolgy which can be confusing. When they combined the advannced gimbal settings and the advanced window with EXP they changed the yaw rate/smoothness to "maximum rotation velocity" or something like that" (having memory issue for the exact thing without looking). What was wrong with the old, easy-to-understand terminology? IMO consistency is very important. One would also think when they make major changes like combining windows, calling it something else like Gain and Tuning, combined with other changes they might include text documentation including specifics and perhaps even instructions.

One question I have... I don't recall for sure, but did the old "yaw rate" have basic numbers? Now the rate is in degrees per second! It could be my imagination, but at the slower end of the rotation speed scale it doesn't seem like there is the same finesse as before. I need to play with it more, but they may have now intended to fine tune it with EXP which appears to have previouslly been an afterthought? My Mini 2 wasn't used very much after I received my Mini 3 Pro (now we have to use Pro or p with tne non pro version being released).

Here is an older screen grab from a while back. The Yaw speed was degrees per second and the smoothness was some measure of time/rate... I do not think this was a specific sequence of time...

yaw.png

Here is an older screen grab from a while back. The Yaw speed was degrees per second and the smoothness was some measure of time/rate... I do not think this was a specific sequence of time...

View attachment 158164
Thanks. I seem to be mis-remembering what it used to look like. So the degrees/s in pitch and rotation speed was always there it seems. Thanks.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I just got word from DJI that DJI Fly was just updated. One of the issues that I ran into was that they omitted "allow upward gimbal rotation".
I quickly plugged in my iPad and started up everything and once again we can switch on the upward gimbal rotation.

When I was in contact with the DJI rep I noted that often they change the terminolgy which can be confusing. When they combined the advannced gimbal settings and the advanced window with EXP they changed the yaw rate/smoothness to "maximum rotation velocity" or something like that" (having memory issue for the exact thing without looking). What was wrong with the old, easy-to-understand terminology? IMO consistency is very important. One would also think when they make major changes like combining windows, calling it something else like Gain and Tuning, combined with other changes they might include text documentation including specifics and perhaps even instructions.

One question I have... I don't recall for sure, but did the old "yaw rate" have basic numbers? Now the rate is in degrees per second! It could be my imagination, but at the slower end of the rotation speed scale it doesn't seem like there is the same finesse as before. I need to play with it more, but they may have now intended to fine tune it with EXP which appears to have previouslly been an afterthought? My Mini 2 wasn't used very much after I received my Mini 3 Pro (now we have to use Pro or p with tne non pro version being released).
Just updated when . Mines been on 1.9.0. Can’t remember when it updated. Maybe this controller did it with the last firmware update. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: LoudThunder
Just updated when . Mines been on 1.9.0. Can’t remember when it updated. Maybe this controller did it with the last firmware update. 🤷‍♂️
Two days ago it was still on 1.8.0 and only today did I get an email from DJI saying that it was finally updated, correcting the omission of the upward gimbal rotation. I didn't to anything to update the app, it just happened when I tested it on my ipad. I'm going to test my phone now where I haven't taken any action to update the app.

Reactions: dirkclod

I only have the Mini 1. The 1st yr I could keep up with the updates to...software, firmware, controller, drone, etc. The 2nd yr, keeping up was becoming somewhat confusing & irritable. Now - OMG. If my Mini updates itself, so be it. But trying to keep up with the manual updates & what 'they' do & if they even affect my Mini - Forget it. There has to be a better way! My opinion only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929