DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly download issue

OkDrone

Reactions
I am trying to download the Fly app for a Samsung 21 and also on a Galaxy 8. It downloads but when it boots up it freezes on the screen the shows Acadamy and freezes. Can't get past this. Any ideas?

I am trying to download the Fly app for a Samsung 21 and also on a Galaxy 8. It downloads but when it boots up it freezes on the screen the shows Acadamy and freezes. Can't get past this. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220128-231146.jpg
    Screenshot_20220128-231146.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
Is this a new drone? I wonder if DJI is requiring new users to read the operation and safety information before proceeding with running the Fly app? Do the links in the pop-up window work?

The standard advice for problems with apps is to delete the app, restart the device, and re-install the app. (Similar to "Is it out of gas?" and "Is it plugged in?")

Yes, this is a new drone. I did just that. uninstall and re-install multiple times. It freezes at that screen and will not proceed. I tried a few earlier app versions and finally got one to work. Not sure which one. I am afraid to update it for fear I will run into the same issue.

It's very odd that it's happening on both phones.

Touching all the bases, have you tried downloading the app again? What about app permissions? For my S20, the allowed permissions are Location, Microphone, and Storage. For the Tab 5e, they're Location, Microphone, Storage, and Camera.

(Not sure why they're different or why Microphone and Camera are needed.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada