DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI "Fly More" Filters vs Polar Pro etc?

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
Hey guys, I used to own a DJI Air 2 Fly more, and used the DJI filters (ND 8, 16, 32, 64, with 16 being my go to). I never tried any others, but I didn't ever feel like they were horrible and in need of an upgrade. I also maybe didn't know what I was missing?

Based on past examples, how do DJI Filters perform optically vs those from Polar Pro, Pgytech, and any other makers of note?

Is there much of a price difference? And is it Justified?

How far after release do quality 3rd party filters start coming out?

Hey guys, I used to own a DJI Air 2 Fly more, and used the DJI filters (ND 8, 16, 32, 64, with 16 being my go to). I never tried any others, but I didn't ever feel like they were horrible and in need of an upgrade. I also maybe didn't know what I was missing?

Based on past examples, how do DJI Filters perform optically vs those from Polar Pro, Pgytech, and any other makers of note?

Is there much of a price difference? And is it Justified?

How far after release do quality 3rd party filters start coming out?
I got the "3 pack" in my Air2 FlyMore and usually fly with the lowest one. Never tried nor really need the other 2, esp the 256 - unless I want some really slow waterfall pics / videos.

Don't have any 3rd party ones to compare to.

DJI, Freewell and PolarPro are all around the same level, unless you are trying to find the exact differences, one might be cooler/warmer than the other, but it can be adjusted in post and causes no damage. I always go with cheapest. For VND, I trust PolarPro more.

That said, PolarPro looks the coolest and the build quality of the frame and the box would be way better than Freewell, not sure about DJI. In the end what matters is the cost and the video/photo quality that comes out of it and none of them are drastically different from another. Just go with the cheapest.

Not advertising and not affiliate link. For less than the cost of the DJI 4 ND set, Freewell sells this for $150. I am closely eying this. 5 ND set, 1 CPL, and 2 long exposure sets

I have some PolarPro and Skyreat brand filters for my Mavic 2 Pro. Actually the PolarPro are gradient while the Skyreat are ND's and PL's. The PolarPros have a *slightly* more refined frame than the Skyreat, but the latter is quite good quality. I think the PolarPros tend to be over-priced for what they do, but branding has a lot of weight.

I tested the Skyreat ND filters with an expensive "incident" light meter with a flat dome. And the measured light reduction was spot on. See image below. No more than 1/10th f stop variation.
Skyreat_metered.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s