DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly not working with Samsung exynos phones on android 10. Note 10 and s10any more

deepakvrao

Reactions
and I am just leaving for a vacation to Thailand. was really looking forward to shooting there. This sucks.

I have just posted a reply to this on the DJI forum.

In short: my Galaxy S8 works perfectly, so it may be too broad characterization that Samsung phones don't work.

Have you tried rebooting your phone? What model is it. Is it included in the recommended phones list from DJI?

I hope it get sorted out for your vacation!

Why do people post such a general statement? It’s not working on your phone not all.

Supported Android devices:

Android Version V 1.0.4
Requires Android 6.0 or above. Please note that the Android 10 beta version for Samsung Galaxy models is not currently supported.

Samsung Galaxy S10+, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S9+, Samsung Galaxy S9 , Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy Note9, Samsung Galaxy Note8, HUAWEI P30 Pro, HUAWEI P30, HUAWEI P20, HUAWEI P10, HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 10, HUAWEI nova 5, HUAWEI nova 4, HUAWEI nova 3e, HUAWEI nova 2, Honor 8X, Honor V10, Honor 9, Honor 20 Pro, Honor Magic 2, Mi 8, Mi MIX 2S, Mi MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, vivo NEX, vivo X27, vivo X21, vivo X20A, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 5, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 2, Pixel, LG V20, LG G6.

Works with my (Samsung) Note 8. try reinstall from the link at DJI site. Hope you get it working in time for trip.

Both on android 10.just landed in Thailand and seems that my daughters phone will work. So all is good. For now.

Supported Android devices:

Android Version V 1.0.4
Requires Android 6.0 or above. Please note that the Android 10 beta version for Samsung Galaxy models is not currently supported.

Samsung Galaxy S10+, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S9+, Samsung Galaxy S9 , Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy Note9, Samsung Galaxy Note8, HUAWEI P30 Pro, HUAWEI P30, HUAWEI P20, HUAWEI P10, HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 10, HUAWEI nova 5, HUAWEI nova 4, HUAWEI nova 3e, HUAWEI nova 2, Honor 8X, Honor V10, Honor 9, Honor 20 Pro, Honor Magic 2, Mi 8, Mi MIX 2S, Mi MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, vivo NEX, vivo X27, vivo X21, vivo X20A, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 5, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 2, Pixel, LG V20, LG G6.
i use a samsung galaxy note 9 and haven’t had any issues? i wonder if its more to do with the carrier than it is with the phone,i’m currently with Tmoble

Reactions: sar104
I'm using an exynos Galaxy s10 and fly .400 works fine on android 9. I downgraded back to android 9 as I couldn't get Fly to work when my phone updated itself to android 10.

S10 Android 9 with Exynos here.
Phone is pushing to upgrade to Android 10 but as long as this is not solved I will wait.
Shame that it still isn't sorted...

Reactions: netsonic
Someone on the DJI forums contacted DJI Tech Support regarding this and they got the following response:

Alec (DJI Support)

Hello Customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. This issue is caused by the incompatibility between the DJI Fly app and the Android 10 operating system run by the Samsung S10/Note10 and S10+/Note10+ (Exynos). We have already worked on this issue with Samsung, and have figured out the cause of this issue. We will fix this issue in the next version of the DJI Fly app. This will be solved in the late January.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

If you have questions or other concerns that need to be addressed, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am just an email away to help.

Thank you for choosing DJI and have a nice day!
Best Regards,

Alec
DJI Technical Support

Accidentally updated to Android 10 due to installation message on opening the S10 where I had my thumb on the screen ?. Fly app no more working. Have to be very patience for a update that works....

i am currently running android 10 on my samsung galaxy note 10+ exynos version and dji go4 app is working fine. prior to note 10+. i was flying my dji with S9+ on android 9 and it was ok.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929