DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly on the Galaxy S22 / S22 Ultra - "brightest smartphone displays out there"

Xitor

Premium Pilot
Reactions
From Screenrant.com:
Galaxy S22 Ultra and the S22 Plus have arrived with the peak brightness of 1750 nits, they could just as well be the brightest smartphone displays out there. However, the devices will switch to peak brightness under direct sunlight only.

This has me interested in an upgrade if it means the display will be easier to see and brighter when using DJI Fly in the sun. Just wondering if any S22 users have noticed this yet and can comment if it truly makes a difference? Still on my S10, but this may persuade me to upgrade.

Thanks!

From Screenrant.com:
Galaxy S22 Ultra and the S22 Plus have arrived with the peak brightness of 1750 nits, they could just as well be the brightest smartphone displays out there. However, the devices will switch to peak brightness under direct sunlight only.

This has me interested in an upgrade if it means the display will be easier to see and brighter when using DJI Fly in the sun. Just wondering if any S22 users have noticed this yet and can comment if it truly makes a difference? Still on my S10, but this may persuade me to upgrade.

Thanks!
My S21+ stats 1350nits peak and is fairest cheaper in Australia but often use my. Tablet s6.

LOL, since started this thread I dropped my S10 and cracked the screen (seriously, was an accident, not wife justification for an update). Luckily I still got a $450 credit for the S10 with a cracked screen. Love the S22 Ultra so far, but its big. And GSMARENA reported that the actual sustained brightness is only 1266 nits. I've discovered though, I always turn off "Adaptive brightness" because it makes the screen too dark in a dark room, but only with adaptive brightness can you get that top brightness in the sun. To protect you from eye strain, staring at an overly bright screen it maxes out at about 800 nits with adaptive brightness off. Even with my S10 with adaptive brightness, big difference! Have only flown once with the S22 and did not need to hide in the shade to see the screen, just need to fly longer and see if it heats up and reduces brightness after a while.

I have both the Samsung Galaxy S10 and S22 Plus. I was using the S7 Edge initially. The S10 is definitely brighter than S7 but still hard to see in bright sunlight. The S22 Plus is brighter than S10, and seems to be a bit sharper ( or more contrast) than the S10. I've tried turning on adaptive brightness, but even in bright sunlight, I still use a shade to see well, although lot of reflections. I can't say I am pleased with any of these in bright sunlight. So I also have some VisionHMD Bigeyes H3 googles that I connect to the phone (via HDMI Wifi adapter), which really works much better. I wish the RC-N1 had an HDMI output to make it easier to use these google, but this is the only way I found works.

Reactions: Xitor
I might have a present for two of you phone guys. I don't know what your paying for your phones but if you're paying over $500 to use it to fly if you tell me what phone it is I'll sell at least two of you a brand new V71 pro Android 11 Eagle View Tablet 2600 nits for that same price plus $20 Shipping. That's $500 See my ad above. See my website www.eagleviewaerials.com They are just now hitting the market so I'll sell two at that price. I'm in Pennsylvania Check out the website and my facebook page Eagle View Aerials. It's a great deal for two people.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll