DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly Recurring Self Update

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
Hi there! Something weird has happened.

I was on DJI Fly v1.4.12 (1410 official) and when I checked the DJI site, it had a newer (1420 official) build that I manually updated. Since then, the app has been prompting me to update to the same build continuously. If I do that and restart the app, it starts all over again. I have uninstalled the app completely and purged the cache files just to be sure, to no change. The Aircraft is on the latest Firmware v02.04.2080 and flies just fine.Capture+_2021-10-15-19-18-06.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Paint Rock Drones
Interesting. I installed the original v1.4.12 manually, then shortly after manually downloaded an updated version. Several days went by. Today I read your post, started DJI Fly on my Pixel 4a, and it prompted me to download an update. I let it update automatically. I killed off DJI Fly, restarted it, and was NOT prompted again. When I go to "About" and click "Check for Updates" it says I am up to date.

Interesting. I installed the original v1.4.12 manually, then shortly after manually downloaded an updated version. Several days went by. Today I read your post, started DJI Fly on my Pixel 4a, and it prompted me to download an update. I let it update automatically. I killed off DJI Fly, restarted it, and was NOT prompted again. When I go to "About" and click "Check for Updates" it says I am up to date.
I always force off apps I don't need to run in the background. Weirdly persistent Fly app still prompted me to update from a fresh launch after force stopping.

I see that too and I don't have 4.12 .
I just touch not now. What happens if you switch WiFi off? I have not checked that yet

I see that too and I don't have 4.12 .
I just touch not now. What happens if you switch WiFi off? I have not checked that yet
If there's no internet connection, there's no prompt. But this should not have happened. I usually launch the Fly app with an active internet connection so that it can check FW updates.

Why should it not happen? It might be picking up inconsistencies in the firmware of batteries etc..

Why should it not happen? It might be picking up inconsistencies in the firmware of batteries etc..
Because it is the app itself that has gone haywire and not the Drone/ RC/ Batteries FW inconsistency. It should not prompt an update that is the same build version it is running on.

There is a new firmware release ... you might check to see if you have the latest firmware and latest app. Maybe they are a set?

Hi there! Something weird has happened.

I was on DJI Fly v1.4.12 (1410 official) and when I checked the DJI site, it had a newer (1420 official) build that I manually updated. Since then, the app has been prompting me to update to the same build continuously. If I do that and restart the app, it starts all over again. I have uninstalled the app completely and purged the cache files just to be sure, to no change. The Aircraft is on the latest Firmware v02.04.2080 and flies just fine.View attachment 136589
Gavin has done quite a few videos on this release (3 different releases of 1.4.12) and in the latest one he talks about this problem with the Mini 2 again.

Gavin has done quite a few videos on this release (3 different releases of 1.4.12) and in the latest one he talks about this problem with the Mini 2 again.
Yes I have seen it the hour he uploaded it & he is usually informative. But this does not help what I am facing. Thanks for the link.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo