DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly says, "DJI Fly closed because this app has a bug.

frankwhite

Reactions
I'd been able to fly the Mini 2 without issue with my Samsung Galaxy S8. However, now that I've upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S21+ I can not start the DJI Fly app nor can I start the DJI Pilot app. The app apparently sees the drone because the blicking light changes to red when I attempt to open the app. The relevant information provided by the app says, DJI Fly says, "DJI Fly closed because this app has a bug.", It says to try updating this app after the developer provides a fix for this error. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Fly app to no avail.

Last edited:
I have a Samsung S21+ too and have no problems at all with DJI Fly app. Which version of the DJI Fly app are you installing?

I'd been able to fly the Mini 2 without issue with my Samsung Galaxy S8. However, now that I've upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S21+ I can not start the DJI Fly app nor can I start the DJI Pilot app. The app apparently sees the drone because the blicking light changes to red when I attempt to open the app. The relevant information provided by the app says, DJI Fly says, "DJI Fly closed because this app has a bug.", It says to try updating this app after the developer provides a fix for this error. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Fly app to no avail.
Uninstall DJI Fly and reinstall the latest version from the DJI website. Problem solved.

Same problem on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra after updating to Android 12. I hate it when updates break things...

Umm, I had an issue with the Fly App. Flying my Mini 2 out over the water, going around a headland using my Galaxy S2, when the App just quit, blank screen. I let everything go, the sticks etc, knowing the drone would just sit and wait for the next command. Pressed the back button on the tablet and then the Fly App and it came back on and re connected and all was well, but a bit scary!!
Is there a known glitch in this well tried App?? Never had it happen before, thank goodness!

Umm, I had an issue with the Fly App. Flying my Mini 2 out over the water, going around a headland using my Galaxy S2, when the App just quit, blank screen. I let everything go, the sticks etc, knowing the drone would just sit and wait for the next command. Pressed the back button on the tablet and then the Fly App and it came back on and re connected and all was well, but a bit scary!!
Is there a known glitch in this well tried App?? Never had it happen before, thank goodness!
I had the same thing happen when I was out flying last weekend. Never had a problem with the app with either of my drones. Screen just went black. Had to restart the app and everything came back. Happened on 2 separate flights. Fortunately, I was on an open football field and could see the aircraft. After the second black screen, I just hit the RTH button and got the aircraft back. Hasn't seemed to happen since. I read today where there was a problem with android 12 system and the app but I'm running android 11 and had the same issue. I downloaded and reinstalled the app from their website again today along with the firmware update.

I have the same problem. It was working fine on galaxy S8+ and now, with galaxy S20 ultra the app has a bug. Did everything you did and no luck.

I have the same problem. It was working fine on galaxy S8+ and now, with galaxy S20 ultra the app has a bug. Did everything you did and no luck.

i HAVE 0 ISSUES WITH
Where did you get the app? This is not a common issue.

Same issue. Suddeny this morning my GoFly app opens and shuts down right away. I have an s20 Andoid version 12. Have been using since my purchase of the DJI Mini2 a year ago. I have uninstalled and installed the app 4 times and it still does not work. What happened?????

Same issue. Suddeny this morning my GoFly app opens and shuts down right away. I have an Samsung s20 Android version 12. It has been working since my purchase of the DJI Mini 2 a year ago. I have uninstalled and installed the app 4 times and it still does not work. I installed it on my wife's Samsung S8 V 9 and it works fine. What happened?????

SOLUTION!

This is a very recent bug (within the past couple days) with select Androids. Removing, downloading and reinstalling APK files from the site etc aren't fixing it for this specific issue.

Until they get it fixed, you can reach out to DJI support and they will get you access to a Beta app. After spending the entire day troubleshooting yesterday, this was the only fix. I fly drones for a living and needed to get something working ASAP.

I've had the best luck contacted them through the DJI Support Facebook page, as opposed to email or phone.

SOLUTION!

This is a very recent bug (within the past couple days) with select Androids. Removing, downloading and reinstalling APK files from the site etc aren't fixing it for this specific issue.

Until they get it fixed, you can reach out to DJI support and they will get you access to a Beta app. After spending the entire day troubleshooting yesterday, this was the only fix. I fly drones for a living and needed to get something working ASAP.

I've had the best luck contacted them through the DJI Support Facebook page, as opposed to email or phone.
Thanks SO MUCH for this info... I can confirm that the "bug" message does occur on GalaxyS20 Ultra. You saved me a LOT of frustration, and spared my family much foul language!

Reactions: DStass

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji