DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Fly with Samsung Galaxy tab E

Finnpc

Reactions
Hi there,
I just got my Mini 2 and I was hoping to use it with my galaxy tab E but the app doesn’t show up on the app store. It’s using samsung 7.1.1 which it says is the latest software so does anyone know how to get it to work? Thanks in advance!

I tried that but it says that the app is not compatible with this device so I guess i’m just sticking to my phone
Older phones / tablets won't work with newer versions of FlyApp. You may find an older 1.4.x version that may, but not on DJI's site. Do a search here on the forum for it and DJI testes phones / tablets that they have found to work. Some not on the list "may" work - but may not either - esp older 32 bit phones / tablets.

The newest FlyApp is a hog in size and computing needs, so be very aware of that. A newer (less than yr old) tablet would be a go to if you need want a larger screen. I may go back to an older version as the newest FlyApp have a lot of stuff for the M3 that does not apply to my Air2 and really slows down my Lenovo Tab 10, which supposedly does not have the compass feature, but I DO have the map / compass that DOES WORK in the lower left corner of my screen. It's strictly wi-fi run with no cell service capability.

Older phones / tablets won't work with newer versions of FlyApp. You may find an older 1.4.x version that may, but not on DJI's site. Do a search here on the forum for it and DJI testes phones / tablets that they have found to work. Some not on the list "may" work - but may not either - esp older 32 bit phones / tablets.

The newest FlyApp is a hog in size and computing needs, so be very aware of that. A newer (less than yr old) tablet would be a go to if you need want a larger screen. I may go back to an older version as the newest FlyApp have a lot of stuff for the M3 that does not apply to my Air2 and really slows down my Lenovo Tab 10, which supposedly does not have the compass feature, but I DO have the map / compass that DOES WORK in the lower left corner of my screen. It's strictly wi-fi run with no cell service capability.
Do you know if I get a samsung tab a7 lite if it would work with the fly app? ive heard a couple people say its good but ive gotten mixed opinions

Do you know if I get a samsung tab a7 lite if it would work with the fly app? ive heard a couple people say its good but ive gotten mixed opinions
No idea. Do a search here on the forum for it to see what others say. Is it relatively new? If so, then it may work. You may also want to find an older version of FlyApp - say 1.4.2 or before; as the older versions do seem to work on many more models. I may go back myself, even though on my Lenovo 10, 1.5.x works - but is a hog and slows things down, when many features in it for the M3 and not my Air2.

No idea. Do a search here on the forum for it to see what others say. Is it relatively new? If so, then it may work. You may also want to find an older version of FlyApp - say 1.4.2 or before; as the older versions do seem to work on many more models. I may go back myself, even though on my Lenovo 10, 1.5.x works - but is a hog and slows things down, when many features in it for the M3 and not my Air2.
Ok thank you so much.

I am using this tablet (Samsung tab a7 lite 8.7") and it works perfect with 1.5.1 version of DJI FLY...

I am using this tablet and it is fine...h

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11