DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji fly won't connect controller to s21- used to work fine

johnweim

Reactions
I have air2s that I haven't flown for a couple months. Previously had no problems with dji fly and same phone. Started fly app and app shut down immediately and got notice that app has bug and need to reinstall. Downloaded fly from dji site and installed. App starts but will not connect to phone. Tried my tablet with previous fji fly and that connects fine, version is 1.4.8. Uninstalled fjy from phone and downloaded fly from dji again and reinstalled again, same result. Tried installing fly from tablet to phone and still no go.

This phone worked fine with prior fly so it seemsthat something changed on phone but I can't find it. Any suggestions would be. greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I have air2s that I haven't flown for a couple months. Previously had no problems with dji fly and same phone. Started fly app and app shut down immediately and got notice that app has bug and need to reinstall. Downloaded fly from dji site and installed. App starts but will not connect to phone. Tried my tablet with previous fji fly and that connects fine, version is 1.4.8. Uninstalled fjy from phone and downloaded fly from dji again and reinstalled again, same result. Tried installing fly from tablet to phone and still no go.

This phone worked fine with prior fly so it seemsthat something changed on phone but I can't find it. Any suggestions would be. greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
When you say "S21", I assume you mean the Samsung Galaxy S21?

If so, is it the "basic" S21, or the Ultra?

When I got my first DJI drone, a Mini-2, I had to buy a new phone, because the old one that I had...a cheap low end phone, to be fair...wouldn't run DJI Fly.

I settled on the Samsung Galaxy S20 Note, rather than the Ultra, because at the time there was a fair amount of discussion about compatibility problems with the Ultra variant.

I'm not sure where you're located, so conceivably be something in the environment around you that changed in the interim.

And, of course, contact DJI support. They'll help you sort it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54