DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Flyaway Cancel problem

NDWildBill

Reactions
I had a crash with my MA2....could have used side sensors...crashed on the fourth floor balcony of a secure apartment building. After multiple attempts to get some to let me in to try and recover my drone, and having care refresh, I decided to open a flyaway case. When I did this, my MA2 was immediately marked as a flyaway and unlinked from my controller. Two days later, still had not heard from DJI, the person who lived in that apartment returned from out of town, found my drone, took out the battery and found my phone number. I now have my drone back, but because it is listed as a flyaway, can't use it. DJI policy says that if a flyaway is found before the replacement fee is paid to contact DJI and cancel the flyaway case and I can relink the drone and fly like usual. Apparently no one has told the DJI techs about this. I have talked to them on the phone...was told to open a repair case and send the drone in. Spent over an hour with online support, finally was told that he was going to have to bump it up to a higher engineer and that I would get an email soon. I also emailed DJI the day I got my drone back, but the only response I received was the computer generated one telling my they had received my email. Anybody have any suggestions? Before I open a repair case, I would like to be able to fly the drone and see If there is anything that needs to be repaired. Anybody else tried to use flyaway coverage?

Reactions: dawgpilot
Never heard of that I bet the drone has some damage or bind it again

That's not a very encouraging report. But the loss of your drone was not technically a "fly away" but a crash. So they should be able to cancel the fly-away designation and enable you to reconnect it. Doesn't seem that difficult to me.

When I try to bind it, I get a message that it is marked as a flyaway and to contact dji. Dji techs all sound like, "Huh, never heard of that." For the purpose of care refresh flyaway, this would be the same as downing in a lake and unable to retrieve the drone. I had a video of the crash in cache on my phone, and it was not that hard of a crash. I was flying sideways (straffing) and didn't realize how close I was to the railing of the balcony. Drone was working just like it should...I was not!
Severian, I agree with you. Shouldn't be that hard, but I don't think dji support has been made aware of the policy regarding refresh flyaway. I would at least like a human to respond to my emails.

Reactions: Severian
. . . Before I open a repair case, I would like to be able to fly the drone and see If there is anything that needs to be repaired.
If you send your drone in for repair, I think DJI will inspect it visually, interrogate it electronically, and test fly it--at least, this is what DJI did for the two drones I've sent them under Refresh. So I suspect they are very good at discerning any repair needs whether you've noticed them or not. In your shoes, I'd send in the drone and expect it to come back like new.

What if you try to bind it without active internet connection? BTW, do you know how to rebind?

My M2Z lost connection with the controller I tried everything opened a ticket in December 2020 sent it, got it back still not working another ticket this time they sent a new controller still don't work opened the third ticket sent it off I'm told I'll get it March 23rd that's three months without my drone I have care refresh.
So good luck with DJI repair. there is no damage to my drone disconnect happen before takeoff

I used the flyway on my MM2 about a month ago and found DJI was not able to remove the bind lock (I found drone 24hours later). I was able to cancel the request however, DJI could not get reactivated as a resut I send to DJI repair (3 weeks later) and had a replacement in 1 week.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo