DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FlySafe and commercial account authorizations (multiple pilots)

JudyTVFilm

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am a 107 certified pilot running a small drone operation at our TV station. We have two DJI Air 2S drones, which are shared with multiple certified pilots. We are in a Class D zone, so sometimes need unlock when flying near work. When we purchased the drones, I was the only pilot, and the registration is in my name...but we are up to 5 and I am trying to find out how we can share the drones with different phones and account names, and DJI hasn't answered my question. We signed up as a commercial account. Anyone know how we can do this? Do we need to log out of the account and login with our own credentials?

JudyTVFilm

Yes that would be the only way , just like you were selling it over and over again but it would work.
This way everyone would have there own stats.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Most concerned about multiple logins. Our Manager included a letter authorizing our flights for commercial use...

What if you bought a controller like the RC or RC Pro that doesn't require a phone? You could set up one account for the group on the RC instead.

Reactions: John G. and mak$$
Do have the controllers for both drones but they require a phone to unlock and push to unlock. Since otiginal account is tied to my number not sure if I need to tie multiple piltots to same flysafe account with different phone numbers

Curious - I have the RC Pro controller for my Mavic 3 and don't need my phone around at all for day to day use. I shoot in a lot of places with no cellular coverage and my controller does not complain. I never log out of my DJI account on the controller FWIW. Seems like it would be easy to have everyone use just one company account.

That is the goal but it was set up originally with my credentials and others can fly it except I nrestricted areas where it is geolocked and will not take off until unlock is received from my phone to push to controller. No problem in Class G.

With your frequent operations in FlySafe airspace it may be worth looking into year-long unlocks. That’s what I do with a small fleet of 5 drones in our controlled airspace. They are all on my account, but used by multiple pilots.

Have you looked into what happens when changing accounts *after* the unlock is loaded to the drone?

How do you get a year long unlocks? All of my pilots have registered for Flysafe and I added yhem as pilots to my commercial account but they have issues logging in to the controller since it was set up as me. Not sure how or if I can get the drones into DJI as a group rather than individual account. At this point, yhe others are flying more than I am and I am primarily managing our fleet.

How do you get a year long unlocks? All of my pilots have registered for Flysafe and I added yhem as pilots to my commercial account but they have issues logging in to the controller since it was set up as me. Not sure how or if I can get the drones into DJI as a group rather than individual account. At this point, yhe others are flying more than I am and I am primarily managing our fleet.
It looks like I set us up as an organization account a few years ago.

For year-long unlocks - I went through the normal FlySafe process, but specified a year duration of the unlock. I stated that LAANC clearances would always be in place before operations, and included a screenshot of a LAANC clearance for the day's operations. That did it - my unlock that came back was for a year.

Here's an old one for 3 mos.
Time Range 2022/05/31 - 2022/08/31
Unlocking Application Reason: Flights over property owned by my organization, XXX. We are in a LAANC authorization zone; FAA clearance via LAANC will be received prior to all flight operations. The attached file is for a LAANC authorization we received for today's operations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme