DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FPV Video shows Choppy in Post Edit in Adobe Premiere

pinkpony45

Reactions
Have a DJI FPV Drone, I just popped the SD card into my computer and watching the raw footage it is buttery smooth no issues. When I import to PP that's when I get choppy frames/freezing for seconds. If I add audio the audio will continue while the video stays frozen generally. Checked the frame rates of the native video and PP and they are the same. Even if I export and save the edit it creates a choppy finished video. I'm using 1/4 playback preview as well, I've cleared media cache as well as uninstall PP and reinstall and create a different project. I have a decent computer running 32gb`s of RAM, Ryzen i7 3700x with a 3070. Any Ideas?

Curious. Your computer's specs are certainly strong enough to handle almost any video file you throw at it. Is there a proxy setting in PP where you can view the video with reduced resolution (as you can in Davinci Resolve)? If you've already gone that route... Just for giggles, try downloading and installing Resolve and see if you have the same issues.

While Adobe does produce some quality products I think the consumers should vote with their feet and protest their predatory pricing scheme and find similar products elsewhere where possible. JMO

I had the same issue and the solution was to install one additional drive - an SSD Scratch disk.
It can be a small one - 1 TB or smaller. Then follow these instructions:
Having this dedicated Scratch disk changed my life editing. Smooth in preview and output.
Around $50 for a 500 GB or $100 for a 1 TB (you could probably get away with a smaller one) at Amazon or other resellers. Mine is a 500 GB internal and it works great.
Having a Scratch Disk in your system can improve the performance of DaVinci Resolve (see The ultimate scratch disks for DaVinci Resolve grading - Holdan Limited) and other programs too - if you configure them to use that disk as Scratch for fast temp needs.

I don't know much about the FPV, but I'm wondering if it recorded in a variable frame rate. If you right-click on the clip in your project panel and hit properties, does it say "Variable Frame Rate detected" at the bottom?

In what format/resolution are you recording? The files from the FPV when in 4K60 contain 2 video streams, the first is the 4K60 and there's also a 1080p30 one, maybe Premiere can't handle files with multiple streams correctly?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada