DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4.1.22 NLD Keeps crashing mid flight

mpj76a

Reactions
Hello, new user here. I've been using the app for a few flights. I would say that about half of my flights end with the app crashing and losing connection with my mavic (Android, Samsung 8). If I restart the app it can't successfully connect to the drone. Luckily I just return to home, but it's pretty scary and I guess I've been lucky so far. I remember the factory app would do this as well, but it seems like they've cleaned it up in later versions, but it's also locked down. Are they any tips to keep this from happening?

Hello, new user here. I've been using the app for a few flights. I would say that about half of my flights end with the app crashing and losing connection with my mavic (Android, Samsung 8). If I restart the app it can't successfully connect to the drone. Luckily I just return to home, but it's pretty scary and I guess I've been lucky so far. I remember the factory app would do this as well, but it seems like they've cleaned it up in later versions, but it's also locked down. Are they any tips to keep this from happening?

yea happens to me quite regularly now for the past 2 weeks on my Mavic 2. I literally went to find it in dense brush because it was 2 miles away only do come home and find it on my deck where i launches from. I’ve found that I can still fly it by looking at the controller and judging the distance. Controller still connects. I’ve replied to a post in GENERAL DISCUSSION as well on someone else with same issue. It’s very unnerving when it happens but the fact that I’m getting used to it coming home I’m it’s own and flying blind is irritating. Hope someone helps us figure it out

This is with the NLD version, right?

The OEM Go4 app does not do this for me. I've never had the app crash mid flight. With both my Mavic Air and my Mavic 2 Zoom. I'm a novice though, so only about 200 flights so far...

No problem. You just put "NLD" in the title so I thought you were talking about the aftermarket app.

I dont know if the Samsung 8 is a verified product for Go4. But you might try a data cable from the phone into the bottom USB port of the remote control. in lieu of the side port. Sometimes just a bad cable or port causes disconnects.

But no, it is not common to have the app crash/disconnect like you are describing. Either the phone has too much stuff running, is not stable enough to run Go4 or you have a hardware problem.

If you could borrow someone else's phone, load go4 on it and try it out, that might help you narrow down which part of your equation the problem is with.

Thanks. One thing I will try next is to disable caching to phone entirely. I think I read something about cache limits possibly having an effect. All other apps are closed. The older versions of the OEM app used to crash, but not anymore. However, I got fed up with the restrictions so now I only use the NLD version. Unfortunately that seems to have brought back the crashing. It could be that there were other variables at play, as you mention, so I'll try to find a pattern. I did notice that oftentimes just before crashing, the thumbnail of the map starts to flicker. Can't tell if that's cause or effect though.

sorry I’m a total Noob. Mine is jus the standard Go4 App

fed up with the restrictions so now I only use the NLD version

OK. So I am totally confused. Are you using the DJI Go4 app or the NLD version? You are contradicting yourself.

OK. So I am totally confused. Are you using the DJI Go4 app or the NLD version? You are contradicting yourself.

sorry bro. Like I said “total noob”
When i saw the title of his Title of the post i actually thought the “NLD” was some acronym i didn’t know about in the flight or something. Never heard of that before. Learned something new lol

Oh, apologies. I didnt realize I was not responding to the OP.

mpj76a- I have no experience with NLD version of the app. Maybe someone else may chime in here. Or you might be better off asking for assistance on the NLD website, since they are the ones who created that version and you bought it from.

Hunterkiller- if you are using the standard Go4 app, some basic things to try. Try a new cable between mobile device and RC. Have you been flying for awhile and this suddenly started or is it a new setup? Might be the mobile device not up to the task. You could make sure the mobile has nothing else running, in in airplane mode, etc. Or borrow another mobile, install go4, fly. If it doesnt have the same problem you know for certain it's your mobile causing the problem.

Oh, apologies. I didnt realize I was not responding to the OP.

mpj76a- I have no experience with NLD version of the app. Maybe someone else may chime in here. Or you might be better off asking for assistance on the NLD website, since they are the ones who created that version and you bought it from.

Hunterkiller- if you are using the standard Go4 app, some basic things to try. Try a new cable between mobile device and RC. Have you been flying for awhile and this suddenly started or is it a new setup? Might be the mobile device not up to the task. You could make sure the mobile has nothing else running, in in airplane mode, etc. Or borrow another mobile, install go4, fly. If it doesnt have the same problem you know for certain it's your mobile causing the problem.

Thanks Dark! my friend, a computer programmers aid the same thing immediately when I told him my issues. He said something about the HD signals being super finicky and i need to buy a high quality cable. Went to my GoPro cable and tried it. 2 flights with no issues but now i get “poor signal” warnings which actually I should have been getting in the first place instead of just going from perfect green signal to Black! Hopefully
That corrected the problem. I’ll keep you posted

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots