DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 (4.2.6) - App disconnecting from Mavic PP

Woolnut

Reactions
Hi All,

I have just taken my Mavic out for a fly after doing a firmware update this morning and updating the DJI GO 4 app to the latest release (4.2.6)...

Not sure if anyone else has had this but the App was disconnecting from the Mavic entirely pretty much straight away after take off!

I rebooted the drone, controller and closed the app and reopened (I stopped at this and for some reason didn’t reboot my iPhone) but none of this seems to have resolved it. Has anyone had this issue with the latest release?

I am only assuming it is the app that is causing the problem because the controller was reporting everything correctly...

Watching this thread with interest, will hold off updating until there are more responses.
Have checked on the app store, no messages indicating any issues with update of app when I posted this.

Reactions: Woolnut
I’m sure something is up with it, I’m going to have a look on the DJI Forum a little later on I think

Reactions: Studoo and mickydd
I’m sure something is up with it, I’m going to have a look on the DJI Forum a little later on I think
Had a quick look, can’t see anything reported yet on forums with v4.2.6 and iOS. Update was released to iOS anout 12 hours ago, would have expected some issues being reported as well as yours. Still gonna hold off until you update on yours and if it has resolved. Keep us informed Woolnut

Had a quick look, can’t see anything reported yet on forums with v4.2.6 and iOS. Update was released to iOS anout 12 hours ago, would have expected some issues being reported as well as yours. Still gonna hold off until you update on yours and if it has resolved. Keep us informed Woolnut

Yeah I haven’t seen any posts as of yet... I have just posted about it so maybe a few will come out of the woodwork!

It couldn’t have happened as a worse time as I was giving a “demo” to a few mates that have been on the fence with getting one... What a great introduction!

I was just out flying yesterday with the latest firmware updates for 1.5 hrs and no problems,..

Yeah I haven’t seen any posts as of yet... I have just posted about it so maybe a few will come out of the woodwork!

It couldn’t have happened as a worse time as I was giving a “demo” to a few mates that have been on the fence with getting one... What a great introduction!
Always the way, when you have an audience,

So... A really helpful person on the DJI Forum suggested using a different USB cable... I can hardly see what this would prove as I have never had this problem before...

And on this topic, the USB at the bottom of the controller, can this be used to connect my iPhone to the controller, or is there another purpose?

So... A really helpful person on the DJI Forum suggested using a different USB cable... I can hardly see what this would prove as I have never had this problem before...

And on this topic, the USB at the bottom of the controller, can this be used to connect my iPhone to the controller, or is there another purpose?
Yes, you can use the usb at the bottom of the controller. Always use it with my iPad mini 4.
Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Yes, you can use the usb at the bottom of the controller. Always use it with my iPad mini 4.
Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Ah cool, in that case I will probably try and use that to see if it does make a difference, I’m not convinced it will but I’ll happily try it!

Ah cool, in that case I will probably try and use that to see if it does make a difference, I’m not convinced it will but I’ll happily try it!
Yea I was having some disconnection problems after the update until I got a new cable.

Yea I was having some disconnection problems after the update until I got a new cable.

Is this since the latest DJI GO 4 update about a day ago? I think i will try and get the Mavic out again tonight if possible and try it with a genuine lightning cable!

Is this since the latest DJI GO 4 update about a day ago? I think i will try and get the Mavic out again tonight if possible and try it with a genuine lightning cable!
Yes. It was a bummer because I had some good opportunities to shoot fisherman at a local stream and it wouldn't connect.

Yes. It was a bummer because I had some good opportunities to shoot fisherman at a local stream and it wouldn't connect.

That's really annoying... I had a similar thing except mine was more of a demo! If i get a chance tonight to fly i will try with the proper Apple Lightning Cable and report back

Hi All,

I have just taken my Mavic out for a fly after doing a firmware update this morning and updating the DJI GO 4 app to the latest release (4.2.6)...

Not sure if anyone else has had this but the App was disconnecting from the Mavic entirely pretty much straight away after take off!

I rebooted the drone, controller and closed the app and reopened (I stopped at this and for some reason didn’t reboot my iPhone) but none of this seems to have resolved it. Has anyone had this issue with the latest release?

I am only assuming it is the app that is causing the problem because the controller was reporting everything correctly...

I've updated to 4.2.6 also - on IOS 11.2.5 iPad Mini 4. I have NOT updated the firmware on my Mavic Pro yet. I have been lucky with previous updates - never seeming to get the problems that some people experienced.

This morning on my first flight with the updated app I had a disconnect as well and could not reconnect in flight. Brought the Mavic down, re-powered, rebooted controller and iPad (after quitting DJI Go4. I Flew again using latest Litchi and everything was fine. I have a feeling that it is the app causing the problem and one flight isn't a very good test but for now I won't be updating the aircraft firmware and will be staying on Litchi - where everything works.

Meant to add - also using stock standard iPad cable that came with my Mini 4.

Reactions: Batgrafix
I've updated to 4.2.6 also - on IOS 11.2.5 iPad Mini 4. I have NOT updated the firmware on my Mavic Pro yet. I have been lucky with previous updates - never seeming to get the problems that some people experienced.

This morning on my first flight with the updated app I had a disconnect as well and could not reconnect in flight. Brought the Mavic down, re-powered, rebooted controller and iPad (after quitting DJI Go4. I Flew again using latest Litchi and everything was fine. I have a feeling that it is the app causing the problem and one flight isn't a very good test but for now I won't be updating the aircraft firmware and will be staying on Litchi - where everything works.

Meant to add - also using stock standard iPad cable that came with my Mini 4.

I had a similar experience yesterday. Temperature in Chicago area was up around 38, so I went to a favorite flying field for some practice. Was going to video a falling down barn about 600 feet away from the takeoff point. Checked out everything on the drone and RC before flying and then took off - 400 feet away I disconnected and could not get a connection back. Luckily, RTH worked well and brought my Mavic back without incident. In six months of flying the Mavic Pro, this was the first disconnect I have had - very concerned. I turned everything off and started over again, but was very conservative in my second flight going only about 700 feet in distance. Seemed fine, but I did not want to risk flying over a caving in barn with the possibility of a sketchy connection. Disappointed I did not get the video footage I wanted. Got home and saw that the DJI Go4 app had been automatically updated to 4.2.6 the day before, so after doing a bit of research and seeing the posts here, I have to conclude something in that update caused my disconnection. I've flown at this field several times before with no connection issues. Will test again as weather permits, but it is concerning that the update is causing disconnection issues where none existed before.

Just a small update...

So I haven’t managed to take out the Mavic properly since the disconnection issues, I have been able to replicate the issue inside the house which would be the third location I have had the disconnection issue.

I have tried with an original Apple cable and still had issues so I am pretty sure it is the App that is causing the problems.

FWIW, I am running 4.2.6 on my Galaxy Note 3; no issues with my latest-firmware MPP.

Reactions: Larry1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent