DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 and Live streaming... lets talk

devGOD

Reactions
So lately I have been streaming live a bit more, now that Verizon has unlimited LTE data (up to 22gb that is). I have always streamed live on Youtube but, the encoding that YT uses is horrible for cellular streaming. It's alway pixelated.

I tested my speeds on Verizon LTE and i'm at 50+mbps Down and 15+mbps Up. The upload is what matters but at home I have around 6mbps UP with AT&T home i-net and my Youtube live streams are never pixelated.

I am not a big Facebook user, so I have yet to try FB Live stream... can anyone tell me how the quality is on there? I'm looking into RTMP and hosting my own live stream via a third party site or on the dedicated web servers that I own.

I can't even get Live streaming to work with DJI4 go, I am using android phone, not sure if that matters or not.

I managed to get livestreaming working ok on Android but the quality was terrible, it was only managing around 0.6 fps (that's not a typo, barely a frame every two seconds) although I was in HDSPA+ rather than LTE. I need to find somewhere both open enough and legal with 4g coverage to try again although might just try a hover in the back garden on the home wifi.

John

I've had poor results with facebook too. Although, I think its my Note 5 being pushed too far to deal with the downlink stream from the Mavic AND then adding the uplink stream to facebook. Even with double-digit uplink rates on Sprint LTE, I am only managing a few fps at best and they are pretty low res looking at that. I'm hoping my next phone will do better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair